Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Tier Two for most of England

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
There was a quote on the Guardian or BBC news sites that said as soon as the scientists on SAGE see a fairly small nut, their immediate reaction is to pull out the biggest sledgehammer they can find.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
I think people can be excused harrumphing. I liken this thread to seeing the Albion being humped 3-0 and the immediate aftermath where everyone and everything is shit. People are emotional rather than rational. Lockdown was supposed to end next week and we find out restrictions are worse than it was before we went in which people were hoping would not be the case.

I got home tonight and the wife is pissed off, the kids are pissed off (no birthday sleepover) and even the dog is getting on my tits. If people vent on this thread all well and good. After all, it's not like we can go down the pub and do it.

Absolutely. It's the little things that are really taking their toll. Having a young child and partner not having baby groups to go to, for example. Not being able to meet others inside (apart from work ffs), which is again especially shit for people with young children at this time of year. The amount of people's mental health and livelihoods are being seriously effected is seriously frustrating when pubs, for example, have spent thousands to ensure their premises is safe as possible to visit.

I fully expected us to go back to Tier 1 based on cases here, so was royally pissed off when basically everywhere was announced as at least Tier 2. It just doesn't make sense and is so unnecessary imo.

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
There was a quote on the Guardian or BBC news sites that said as soon as the scientists on SAGE see a fairly small nut, their immediate reaction is to pull out the biggest sledgehammer they can find.

You mean Professor Gloom and Dr Doom or was it Professor Doom and Dr Gloom

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It’s categorically not impossible. Other countries have proved that.

Only Denmark and ultra low population density Finland and Norway now have modest CV19 metrics.

Countries that had it light the first time such as Germany, Poland and Czech Republic are suffering.

In a high population Western democracy, where people are fiercely independent, it seems impossible to prevent waves of CV19 and varied restrictions.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
67cddaf750a04c4bf6c57c571e509b84.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FIVESTEPS

Nov 3, 2014
Married friends returning from Crete had an overnight stop in Athens.They had to get seperate taxis from the airport to their accommodation.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
60k people dead and the radio’s full of twats complaining they can’t go to a pub I mean really is it that big of a deal. Most of the pubs were generally dead before lockdown.

Speaking as an analyst for the leisure sector I can tell you that over generalistic nonsense comments like that really don't help to understand this.

Stick to the Daily Mail.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
For those interested...from gov website

East and West Sussex, and Brighton and Hove High (tier 2) Case rates in Sussex are at 120 per 100,000 with a total positivity of 4.5%. However, the trend is increasing in several areas. NHS admissions have been fairly stable in the last month but there is increasing occupancy in units treating more serious cases.

Every case I know of has come from school.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
My youngest and her fiancé went to Toulouse to see friends a month ago and took it that they had to self isolate for 14 days.....after they had done that the cats became ill and they took them by Uber, they live in the flats on Wembley way, to the VETS...received a track and trace that one of the Uber or vet had tested positive, so they are now back in 14 days quarantine!

So 28 days of 2 months will be locked in their flat!

Really stark exemplar on TV last night. This guy saying that it is all fake news and it’s a mild flu and people dying should be dead anyway as they would have died anyway ( I love channel 5) ...anyway this professor came on and showed a graphic of a jumbo jet crashing, killing everyone on board.....that, he said is what is happening every day in the UK ...the amount of people on that plane dying every single day ..... also sobering to think that currently everyone who attends the albions first game ( 2000) people represents currently 4 days of deaths from COVID

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Only Denmark and ultra low population density Finland and Norway now have modest CV19 metrics.

Countries that had it light the first time such as Germany, Poland and Czech Republic are suffering.

In a high population Western democracy, where people are fiercely independent, it seems impossible to prevent waves of CV19 and varied restrictions.

Thinking on your reply, I have to agree. While I think Johnson has been individually awful throughout, we are dealing with a pandemic and it’s going to wreak havoc whatever the response.
So yes, I take your point.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
My youngest and her fiancé went to Toulouse to see friends a month ago and took it that they had to self isolate for 14 days.....after they had done that the cats became ill and they took them by Uber, they live in the flats on Wembley way, to the VETS...received a track and trace that one of the Uber or vet had tested positive, so they are now back in 14 days quarantine!

So 28 days of 2 months will be locked in their flat!

Really stark exemplar on TV last night. This guy saying that it is all fake news and it’s a mild flu and people dying should be dead anyway as they would have died anyway ( I love channel 5) ...anyway this professor came on and showed a graphic of a jumbo jet crashing, killing everyone on board.....that, he said is what is happening every day in the UK ...the amount of people on that plane dying every single day ..... also sobering to think that currently everyone who attends the albions first game ( 2000) people represents currently 4 days of deaths from COVID

Well. This is the bit I don’t get though.

Why are people happily jetting around Europe during a worldwide pandemic? Was it really essential for them to leave the country?

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here