Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Have you got your tree up yet?

Have you got your tree up yet?

• Yes, went up last month

Votes: 6 3.8%
  • Yes, went up this month

Votes: 21 13.3%
  • No, going up in the next week though

Votes: 24 15.2%
  • No, going up in early-mid December

Votes: 67 42.4%
  • No, going up at the start of the winter holidays

Votes: 16 10.1%
  • Not having a tree up

Votes: 24 15.2%

• Total voters

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
We usually do ours othe first weekend in December but this year needed some cheer so did our yesterday.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Britains oldest domestic christmas tree returns again

Love this story, 100 years old this year, and the family joke is hilarious...

"It's actually just a bit of a family joke now," she said.

"Even my sister says 'have you got that twig out yet?' and I go 'yep'. She asks 'does it look any better?' and I go 'nope'".

:lolol:

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I am going into the loft Saturday to get all the dangly things and then I am sticking mine up this weekend with at my age some help from the wife.....

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
I am going into the loft Saturday to get all the dangly things and then I am sticking mine up this weekend with at my age some help from the wife.....

That's enough of that FILTH... :lolol:

We aren't bothering with dangly things this year, first time in 20 years we won't be buying a tree.

However I do love my external lights so they will be getting threaded along the front of House and down the path to our road for revellers (should there be any) to enjoy.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I went in to the office one morning last week tree-less. When I came back, the doris had got the tree down from the loft, put it together and decorated it all herself, without me lifting a finger. Excellent.

However, she then decided she wanted it elsewhere in the lounge so we could see it better, which meant reconfiguring the entire living room furniturewise. Ever tried moving a fully decorated 7ft Christmas tree across a room ? I wouldn't recommend it. Half the bits fell off, and she bumped her arse on one of our tall lamps as we lurched about with the bloody tree, hitting the wall and shattering the glass shade on it. I really liked that lamp as well, so now I've got to faff around trying to get a replacement shade, and she ended up redecorating it from scratch. And all because she fancied the tree "over there this year".

:rolleyes:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I went in to the office one morning last week tree-less. When I came back, the doris had got the tree down from the loft, put it together and decorated it all herself, without me lifting a finger. Excellent.

However, she then decided she wanted it elsewhere in the lounge so we could see it better, which meant reconfiguring the entire living room furniturewise. Ever tried moving a fully decorated 7ft Christmas tree across a room ? I wouldn't recommend it. Half the bits fell off, and she bumped her arse on one of our tall lamps as we lurched about with the bloody tree, hitting the wall and shattering the glass shade on it. I really liked that lamp as well, so now I've got to faff around trying to get a replacement shade, and she ended up redecorating it from scratch. And all because she fancied the tree "over there this year".

:rolleyes:

made me smile

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Up on xmas eve.

Down on boxing day

My kids love me

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I love christmas trees. Dont give a shit about the decoration, its more about the tree itself.

Since moving away from home ten years ago I've only got myself one once. But at least I had it for two years.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
now it's bloody mid-Nov and people are putting them up, why?

Because they like it? Because it makes them happy? Because they might have had a shit year and feel like doing something that brings a smile to their faces?

I fail to see how it in any way negatively impacts on anybody else, so what's the problem if it cheers people up?

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Because they like it? Because it makes them happy? Because they might have had a shit year and feel like doing something that brings a smile to their faces?

I fail to see how it in any way negatively impacts on anybody else, so what's the problem if it cheers people up?
Having a shit this year brought a smile to my face.....

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
There is a local company that offers free delivery on trees and also offer a set up ans decoration service.
After ordering one for Saturday he ask me if i was going to put it up myself, told him no were putting it in the lounge.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

Take your point but just feel it all starts too soon which tends to detract from the short period of the actual holiday season, but you're right, what business is it of mine.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Yep, last Sunday.
67e2a8a9ac17a9aa3d1a9de6cd546bef.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here