Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Have you got your tree up yet?

Have you got your tree up yet?

• Yes, went up last month

Votes: 6 3.8%
  • Yes, went up this month

Votes: 21 13.3%
  • No, going up in the next week though

Votes: 24 15.2%
  • No, going up in early-mid December

Votes: 67 42.4%
  • No, going up at the start of the winter holidays

Votes: 16 10.1%
  • Not having a tree up

Votes: 24 15.2%

• Total voters

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Twat.jpg

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I held out until I heard her indoors making noises in the roof..20201124_193802.jpg

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
My mother will be spinning in her grave. Tree used to go up on the 18th, down before 12th night. She was very superstitious and religious and would be mightily upset by what Christmas has morphed into these days.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Nice styling. Your first two presents are there already!
Dont tell anyone but they're fake, just for show presents! Using up empty boxes and old wrapping paper. I do my shopping the week before xmas [emoji23]20201126_190255.jpg

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
The winter holiday period is a time often spent with family and friends, with schools and offices closing and people travelling over the bank holidays. Many have already begun making their plans, and we are today providing clarity to help people make the right choices for them, and enjoy time with those closest to them while staying within the rules to protect us all.

Oh, you mean Christmas.

dstanman

Jul 1, 2011
Ours always goes up mid Dec and down New Years day, see no reason to change it this year

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Ours went up last weekend, slightly late for us.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Why does this anger you? During the ‘winter holidays’ (wtf) we should embrace and love each other and also provide clarity on the true meaning of Christmas.

What is the true meaning of Christmas? I thought it was just a hijacking of the Druid’s Winter Solstice.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
I normally make the missus and kids wait until the end of the first week of December for the tree but, with everything else this year, Ive relented a bit and we will be doing it this weekend. We all need some cheer right now, and even a bah humbug like me can see its something to look forward to.

We are going up to Wilderness Woods tomorrow afternoon to cut down whichever one takes our fancy, will have a mooch around their Xmas "store", the kids will no doubt have a slice of pizza from the mobile food van - and we'll grab some coffee & cake from Sussex Coffee Trucks (old yellow Citroen van some people may recognize from Cuckfield / Ditchling Beacon over the summer) who will also be there throughout December.

Should be a lovely family afternoon - weve not done this for a few years now, but it will be nice with the kids...even though they are more grown up now!

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Why does this anger you? During the ‘winter holidays’ (wtf) we should embrace and love each other and also provide clarity on the true meaning of Christmas.

Doesn't anger me, I just think it's a bit weird that people get so into a made up religion celebrating a stolen holiday, so much so that they can't even wait to put up the tacky decorations and seizure inducing lights.
I get it if you have kids and they buy in to all the excitement etc, but one of my neighbours is a 30yr old with no kids and has gone all out, it's odd.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
The winter holiday period is a time often spent with family and friends, with schools and offices closing and people travelling over the bank holidays. Many have already begun making their plans, and we are today providing clarity to help people make the right choices for them, and enjoy time with those closest to them while staying within the rules to protect us all.

You are on a wind up, right?

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
if you were to be stupid enough to put up a real tree in November won't it be a needle free mess by the time xmas day comes around?

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
What are people going to do for the rest of December, given that Xmas seems to have happened already?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here