Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Have you got your tree up yet?

Have you got your tree up yet?

• Yes, went up last month

Votes: 6 3.8%
  • Yes, went up this month

Votes: 21 13.3%
  • No, going up in the next week though

Votes: 24 15.2%
  • No, going up in early-mid December

Votes: 67 42.4%
  • No, going up at the start of the winter holidays

Votes: 16 10.1%
  • Not having a tree up

Votes: 24 15.2%

• Total voters

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
With the winter holidays less than a month away now have you got your tree up yet?

???

:xmas:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
What idiot put their tree up in October.

A fair few in Newhaven have had their outside Christmas lights up for a few weeks now, I also saw a tree with lights and another house with window decorations in October.

Up until the last couple of years I don’t remember seeing Christmas decorations on or in homes before December.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Two knobheads where I live have the decorations up already. Not even December FFS.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
This is where, in my opinion, we've lost the magic of Christmas. It was a great evening when, around 16 Dec (my Birthday **cough **) you all sat around and did the decs, then before twelfth night down (My Sister's Birthday) they came, made perfect sense, now it's bloody mid-Nov and people are putting them up, why?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
This is where, in my opinion, we've lost the magic of Christmas. It was a great evening when, around 16 Dec (my Birthday **cough **) you all sat around and did the decs, then before twelfth night down (My Sister's Birthday) they came, made perfect sense, now it's bloody mid-Nov and people are putting them up, why?

When I was a kid our decorations went up on the evening of December 15th ( the day before my birthday ) :)

MJsGhost

Remembers
NSC Patreon
Jun 26, 2009
East
To be fair, I think there are a few people trying to lift the general gloom by putting up their cheery Christmas tat early.

Fair enough in an exceptional year, but to me, it's just borrowing the cheer and then lessening the whole impact by dragging it out longer and making the actual Christmas period less special (at 42, I'm going to sound very much like a grumpy old man when I say that people don't seem to be able to exercise self-control and wait for anything good these days...)

Mrs MJsG is very much in the get the decs up early brigade and makes a big song & dance about it when they do. Even she draws the line at anything before December starts.

They will be going up on the 12th this year.

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
we usually do Christmas a few weeks beforehand, this year we're living in a semi building site and the year has been utter gash so Christmas can do one. Its a load of bollocks anyway.

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Ours went up last weekend, but more to do with a nagging 4 year old and a lockdown meaning not much else to do!

We went through those years, ours is 15 now so not bothered, just needs tech, hard cash and some expensive drum kit bits!

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
What is this winter holidays you talk of?

My Christmas decorations have been up over a week if that’s what you mean.

The winter holiday period is a time often spent with family and friends, with schools and offices closing and people travelling over the bank holidays. Many have already begun making their plans, and we are today providing clarity to help people make the right choices for them, and enjoy time with those closest to them while staying within the rules to protect us all.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
I've still got last year's up.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
The winter holiday period is a time often spent with family and friends, with schools and offices closing and people travelling over the bank holidays. Many have already begun making their plans, and we are today providing clarity to help people make the right choices for them, and enjoy time with those closest to them while staying within the rules to protect us all.

Cool story bro [emoji41]

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here