Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] CAlling Apple ipad experts...

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Question ( simple answers only please)

Whats the difference between an ipad air and ipad 8th Generation?

Price difference is about £200 but looking at the Apple compare page I cant see any major differences for an everyday user.

its only used for surfing and watching TV so Im guessing the basic is best.

No I dont want an Amazon tablet or any other tablet, its a new ipad the wife wants.

Thanks in Advance.

Last edited:

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
Quick question about Apple TV, are the star wars films free if you have a subscription to Apple TV?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Quick question about Apple TV, are the star wars films free if you have a subscription to Apple TV?

They don’t appear to be part of the Apple TV+ subscription, so would cost to buy or rent via that platform.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

Currently I believe the Apple TV+ (the content/subscription service) catalogue is limited only to a comparatively small selection of Apple-produced content. They don't have the subscription streaming rights to any other Movies/TV - you have to buy/rent that content from the Apple TV (the app).

https://www.thrillist.com/entertainment/nation/apple-tv-shows-original-programming

All the star wars films are available to buy/rent from the apple tv app, but are included in the Disney+ library for streaming.

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
How much is it to watch?

No idea. Sorry, I bit the bullet and bought a new iPad Air a few weeks ago to replace my still working but no longer updating iPad which I bought in 2012. Apple have included a free subscription for a year for their Apple TV which I still haven’t bothered to sign up to as I seldom watch any terrestrial television and am not up to speed on what content is on Apple TV. Any advice as to content and is it worth having would be gratefully received.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I think these sorts of apple events are usually free to stream, either via the apple tv app, or via youtube.

But as for Apple tv+ content, Come from Away joined their library on Friday - it's a recording of live stage musical based on the true story of town of Gander in Newfoundland, who had to host a bunch of planes and their passengers when US air space closed following the September 11 attacks. It's great.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here