Votes: 25 13.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Interesting, I am not sure I would be comfortable at what others would do. The infection rate is higher than at the test match, that would swing it for me personally.

I would also be wary that any infection could end up in our Xmas bubble.

But it looks like I am in the minority on this one, how unusual.:wink:

I genuinely would have no issue in going to another game having gone to the friendly.

Entry to the ground was the only real pinch point, but it was a new process for the club, and I'm sure they learned from it - that was what the test was for, after all. Frankly, if you think this could be an issue for you, either get there early or, if there's a queue to get in, hang back until it has cleared.

You don't have to use the concourse facilities, even if they are open, and the seating is very well spaced, even from those you may be attending with!

D

Deleted member 2719

I genuinely would have no issue in going to another game having gone to the friendly.

Entry to the ground was the only real pinch point, but it was a new process for the club, and I'm sure they learned from it - that was what the test was for, after all. Frankly, if you think this could be an issue for you, either get there early or, if there's a queue to get in, hang back until it has cleared.

You don't have to use the concourse facilities, even if they are open, and the seating is very well spaced, even from those you may be attending with!

That sounds all reassuring on the ground front then.

Did they have certain conditions on how people can get to the AMEX?

I went to the pilot event and was impressed at the precautions. But that was with a depressed R rate, not the height of the second wave, I’m gonna pass until it’s a bit more safer

That said if I get the ticket I’ll probably get sucked in

Seagulls over Essex

Jun 4, 2004
Leigh-on-Sea
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;9607803 said:
Has there been any recent communication from the club on this? I don't seem to be getting any emails....

Worth contacting them just in case, to ensure you are still on their mailing list. I did just that a couple of weeks ago as had not received any emails for a few months. They said I had removed myself from the list, which I hadn't.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
I'm in, I will be taking a considerable pack lunch with me so I'm safe, Covid wont go near me.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
My experience on some points, with [MENTION=236]Papa Lazarou[/MENTION] and [MENTION=2223]e77[/MENTION], were different to yours...

- Queues to get in were NOT anything like socially distanced. From my recollection of when we both posted about this at the time, we possibly tried to enter the ground later than you. When we were trying to get in, so were a lot of people and with few entrance points available everything got bunched up. Security check of tickets and/or ID and/or faces also slowed the whole thing down considerably.

- The concourses were OK pre-match and half-time, but my group all agreed that we'd not want there to be any more people in them because, even at 1/4 capacity, it's a reasonable number of people standing around in an area with poor air circulation.

If I was choosing one experience as "safer" I'd choose my weekly shop at Tesco every time, but I have no concerns with either. Given infection levels now are that much higher than they were for the Chelsea game, I suspect I'd just pass straight through the concourse, even if it was open for use. Lingering in the concourse is likely to be the major risk point in the whole thing.

Problem I found was having to pull my mask down so they could compare me to the photo on my driving license while standing in quite a crowded area then having to pause to put my mask back on while down to one hand as I had my wallet and phone out which slowed the whole process down.

I agree I wouldn't have wanted it any busier.

That said the most concerning bit for me was the train from Durrington to Brighton which was quite busy with people having a day trip to Brighton. This might be a problem again with Christmas shoppers and later in the season when the weather improves (although hopefully vaccinations will hopefully be in play by then).

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'm too old to risk it. All that hot viral breath on the stairs up to west upper....not till I've had a jab, thanks all the same.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Definitely don’t go. Super dangerous. Everyone opt out NOW.

I will take one for the team and go as a test bunny.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Not for me . would love to go and hopefully will before season end having had vaccine and Covid is history. Too much risk with elderly parent and in laws that we have to look after.

Will opt out as much as possible and then hope to not win tickets in ballot !!

I went to the pilot event and was impressed at the precautions. But that was with a depressed R rate, not the height of the second wave, I’m gonna pass until it’s a bit more safer

lol and OF COURSE I get drawn priority 1 today. Don't worry lads I won't be rushing, there are people who want this more than me

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here