Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ryan To A-League Rumour

The Albion

Apr 15, 2019
There are a bunch of posters in the Dean Henderson thread referring to a supposed rumour of Ryan being linked with a return back to the A-League.

Does anyone have any idea where this rumour came from?

Obviously sounds like a crazy rumour considering he hasn’t even entered his prime yet at only 28, and is odds-on favourite to be handed the permanent captaincy of the Australia national team when their games resume in the new year.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Poppycock.

Way too good for that league. Especially when its best players are being poached by the Indian Premier League.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
There are a bunch of posters in the Dean Henderson thread referring to a supposed rumour of Ryan being linked with a return back to the A-League.

Does anyone have any idea where this rumour came from?

Obviously sounds like a crazy rumour considering he hasn’t even entered his prime yet at only 28, and is odds-on favourite to be handed the permanent captaincy of the Australia national team when their games resume in the new year.

Almost certainly from nowhere, but starting a thread on it is as good a way as any of spreading it around

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
If he wasn't playing this rumour would sound more plausible, but can't see it happening currently

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Especially when its best players are being poached by the Indian Premier League.

Really !!!

Jebus, that says alot about the state of the A League, must be really poor, it looks League 1 standard at best as far I have seen on the free sports channel that shows their games early in the morning over here.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Poppycock.

Way too good for that league. Especially when its best players are being poached by the Indian Premier League.

Isn't the IPL for T20 cricket? The fact their footballers are better at cricket is a bit worrying.

The Albion

Apr 15, 2019
Almost certainly from nowhere, but starting a thread on it is as good a way as any of spreading it around

Certainly not my intention! I was just so confused seeing so much chatter about it in the other thread with no one actually providing any context / details / source of any kind.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
It could be true but it seems more likely that Chinese Whispers have mutated a casual "I think he'll go back to Australia" into a "He's leaving for the A-League in January" definite.

Having said that he has been away from home for a long time and may well want to go back after earning his coin.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Every Aussie player moves back home, or at least substantially back home to China sooner or later. It's that backpacker mentality, and who in their right mind amongst us would begrudge them their life choices? Who among us could be arsed to fly literally halfway round the world to represent their country in a home game on a regular basis? It's a gruelling enough trip as a one-off. Total respect to Maty and Aaron for doing the hard miles for all those years :bowdown: :bowdown:

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Every Aussie player moves back home, or at least substantially back home to China sooner or later. It's that backpacker mentality, and who in their right mind amongst us would begrudge them their life choices? Who among us could be arsed to fly literally halfway round the world to represent their country in a home game on a regular basis? It's a gruelling enough trip as a one-off. Total respect to Maty and Aaron for doing the hard miles for all those years :bowdown: :bowdown:

I think they get quite well paid for doing it

(but I get your point 😀)

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Really !!!

Jebus, that says alot about the state of the A League, must be really poor, it looks League 1 standard at best as far I have seen on the free sports channel that shows their games early in the morning over here.

Yeah. Read it in an article, I think on the BBC website. ???

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I think they get quite well paid for doing it

(but I get your point 😀)

Trip from UK to Oz is a gruelling thing, body takes a massive hit, no matter what class of seat you're flying in. Respect to anyone who willingly subjects themselves to that trip on a regular basis. And then is expected to perform at the highest level of elite sport at the end of it. And the same again when you finally work your way back again to the opposite side of the world and your contracted club. Wouldn't wish that level of travel on my worst enemy, no matter how much they're being paid

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Isn't the IPL for T20 cricket? The fact their footballers are better at cricket is a bit worrying.

Alright, alright! Indian SUPER League then!

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I heard from a friend in-the-know Sydney FC have compiled a goalkeeping short-list and Ryan is at the top.

The Albion

Apr 15, 2019
I heard from a friend in-the-know Sydney FC have compiled a goalkeeping short-list and Ryan is at the top.

Ahhh, so you’re the one who started this rumour?

Is it literally ‘Sydney FC interested in national team GK’? (As if they or any other big A-League club wouldn’t be.)

We can put Neuer on our shortlist too. Doesn’t mean he wants to join us.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here