Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Group Ticket Ballot.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
There has been much talk of this over the last few months, and there will be even more now that clubs have been given the go ahead to start to open stadia again.

I realise that if we season ticket holders want to attend these games in groups of fellow fans, then they need to register the fact with the club. However, if we wish to attend just as individuals, do we still need to do that? or will we, as season ticket holders, be automatically included in the ballot, and then informed whether we have been successful or not?

Does that make any sense? . . . hope so.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
[SUB][/SUB]I’m pretty sure a STH is automatically included in the ballot and then if awarded a ticket but doesn’t want to go then they notify the club

Not wishing to hijack the thread but I’ve got a question does a ‘group’ count as one in the ballot or is it waited to represent the numbers in the group ..and do you have a better chance of going if u r in a group as against an individual..or does it just mean that everyone is treated as an individual and then if say two of a group of five are drawn then those two get to sit near each other and the other three don’t go

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
There has been much talk of this over the last few months, and there will be even more now that clubs have been given the go ahead to start to open stadia again.

I realise that if we season ticket holders want to attend these games in groups of fellow fans, then they need to register the fact with the club. However, if we wish to attend just as individuals, do we still need to do that? or will we, as season ticket holders, be automatically included in the ballot, and then informed whether we have been successful or not?

Does that make any sense? . . . hope so.

if you are happy to go without anyone else you do not need to do anything,you are automatically included individually in every ballot its only of you want to go with someone else you have to "buy" a group ballot.

WilburySeagull

Sep 2, 2017
Hove
[SUB][/SUB]I’m pretty sure a STH is automatically included in the ballot and then if awarded a ticket but doesn’t want to go then they notify the club

Not wishing to hijack the thread but I’ve got a question does a ‘group’ count as one in the ballot or is it waited to represent the numbers in the group ..and do you have a better chance of going if u r in a group as against an individual..or does it just mean that everyone is treated as an individual and then if say two of a group of five are drawn then those two get to sit near each other and the other three don’t go

You can opt out up to 6 times. Otherwise you can sell the ticket on the exchange which should be easy considering the low nos. I am sure that it was said somewhere that being in a group makes no difference to your chances in the ballot but to be honest I dont know how that works.

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007
I was struggling to put our group on line so just phoned customer services who did it for me over the phone.
Excellent service, unlike the online shaky links.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Are you able to buy a ticket of the exchange using a season ticket credit

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks

I could be wrong, but i was under the impression that if one member of the group is selected then the entire group is selected. In theory the first 1000 names drawn could all be members of a group of 4, then all 4000 tickets done. As for seats i thought that when you learnt you'd been successful then you logged on and selected your seat(s).

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
From what I understand, a 'group' is treated as one person therefor a group of 4 only has one chance of getting a ticket. I suppose you could say that group of 4 is given a new ST number and the 4 original numbers removed from the ballot. Does that make sense?
But I cant put my mate in a group with me. We go to matches together from our town but we're not related and so I've not put him on my list. How do I put our names together on a list?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I could be wrong, but i was under the impression that if one member of the group is selected then the entire group is selected. In theory the first 1000 names drawn could all be members of a group of 4, then all 4000 tickets done. As for seats i thought that when you learnt you'd been successful then you logged on and selected your seat(s).

I think I call to supporters services tomorrow re groups will be in order

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

I haven't a clue how it works but on the zoom thing PB did it was suggested you stand an equal chance if you are an individual or part of a group.

Maybe they have used some maths wizz kid at the club who knows a bit about this sort of thing

nordicgod

Top banana
Jul 21, 2011
polegate
I think they just turn potters team selection wheel around and spin it to choose random season ticket holders

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Hopefully that lot that watched the Chelsea friendly will be banned , far too noisy for a match at the Amex .

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
I wonder how this effects STH that have changed seats for this season but obviously the new season tickets have not been sent out .

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
I haven't a clue how it works but on the zoom thing PB did it was suggested you stand an equal chance if you are an individual or part of a group.

Maybe they have used some maths wizz kid at the club who knows a bit about this sort of thing

Not sure it needs a maths whizz kid; think it might work that representative amounts from each size grouping are allocated. So let's say we have 30,000 STHs of which 15,000 are individuals, 6,000 are in 3,000 doubles, and 9,000 are in 2,250 foursomes. The allocation is then 2,000 individuals, 400 doubles, and 300 foursomes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here