Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] A maximum of 4,000 fans to be allowed at outdoor sports events

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Max Rushden said it about 3pm from 'Talksport sources' - but the announcement afterwards seems to suggest that was false, so ignore

Yes quoted from their own website (the United game would only happen of Manchester Tier gets downgraded on Thursday)

Elite football clubs – who have continued to play behind closed doors – have protocols in place to reopen stadiums once the green light is given.

Manchester United could host the first football match with fans on December 2 when PSG visit in the Champions League.

Arsenal play at home to Rapid Vienna the following day and will also hope to return supporters to the Emirates for their Europa League tie.

https://talksport.com/football/793301/fans-back-stadiums-boris-johnson-spectators/

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Am I the only one who doesn't see how it will work at some grounds.
Understand the Amex will use all available car parking spaces but clubs that have no parking will have supporters using public transport, 100 fans crammed into a bus.

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
Worrying about any advantage gained from some teams having 4000 crowds would be cutting off noses to spite faces. Clubs needs fans back in grounds and the only way this is going to happen is by accepting Government restrictions. I don’t see them deciding to reject the offer and keep all fans out.
What interests me is whether fans will be allowed to travel from tier 3 to tier 1/2 areas to attend games.

I did wonder whether clubs might exclude fans from any ballot process if you live in Tier 3 area or over x miles away from ground. No doubt devil will be in the detail.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
I doubt the whole South East will be Tier 3. West Sussex is 141/149 local authorities in terms of infection rate.

Hopefully the club give priority to those that left their money in with the club :)

so you think those who may have been absolutely desperate for money should be treated less favourable than those comfortably off?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
so you think those who may have been absolutely desperate for money should be treated less favourable than those comfortably off?

Calm down was only a joke

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
So, I’m only bothered about the Amex and us. Are we likely to see 4,000 fans in for Southampton home game?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Looking forward to the ballot binfest - hope you all have your ballot grouping set up

Could be more chance without it set up? I still think at 4K if you want to go to every game you will. Just got to know how to use the ticket exchange and have patience...

WilburySeagull

Sep 2, 2017
Hove
As others have said we already have a ballot process in place which just needs the permitted numbers added. It might need tweking if there are travel restrictions but if you are successful in ballot but prevented from coming you could sell on the ticket exchange.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Could be more chance without it set up? I still think at 4K if you want to go to every game you will. Just got to know how to use the ticket exchange and have patience...

That's how I see it.

I have no wish to go until it gets back to normal, mine will be on the exchange if I'm unlucky enough to be selected.

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
It will be home fans only - I assume. Otherwise a greater risk of cross-infection... hopefully, if this happens, it will start to make home matches count for something again.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
As others have said we already have a ballot process in place which just needs the permitted numbers added. It might need tweking if there are travel restrictions but if you are successful in ballot but prevented from coming you could sell on the ticket exchange.

Perhaps the club could incorporate travel restrictions into the ballot. Doesn’t seem quite right that you could end up buying a ticket you are not allowed to use. Obviously there would be a higher chance of resale when only 4000 allowed in the ground nevertheless the possibility remains that people are incentivized to travel from higher tier areas.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here