Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] A maximum of 4,000 fans to be allowed at outdoor sports events

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
This. 2k East Lower / Upper and the same on the West. Proved we could manage that with the Chelsea game.

Yep. Absolutely this. For those worried about getting to the ground this number of fans should easily allow the carparks to take the majority of the strain

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Definitely. But surely you make it a percentage across the board? As I said, how is 4000 people at Bournemouth as safe as 4000 people at Old Trafford? Over a third capacity at one ground against 5% at another. It will make little, if any money for the clubs as there will be so many matchday staff needed that it will wipe out most of the income.

It’s UP to 4k depending on the capacity

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Definitely. But surely you make it a percentage across the board? As I said, how is 4000 people at Bournemouth as safe as 4000 people at Old Trafford? Over a third capacity at one ground against 5% at another. It will make little, if any money for the clubs as there will be so many matchday staff needed that it will wipe out most of the income.

I would imagine they're taking into account travel to and from the game ..., IF people generally use public transport then much of 25% of Old Trafford's capacity loading onto trains/ buses presents a big risk*

*yes I know they're mainly driving from Cornwall, Bedford etc.

SAC

May 21, 2014
Be interesting to see the details. Can't see how it will be fair to allow fans in some grounds and not others.

Not sure if it will make clubs lose money rather than gaining any. Perhaps in leagues 1 and 2 and non league where 2000 / 4000 can be a decent crowd.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I would imagine they're taking into account travel to and from the game ..., IF people generally use public transport then much of 25% of Old Trafford's capacity loading onto trains/ buses presents a big risk*

*yes I know they're mainly driving from Cornwall, Bedford etc.

I think you may be giving them too much credit! :smile: I would have thought 20% capacity would be a better system as it allows for 1 in 5 seats/standing places to be used. 4000 just sounds arbitrary for no real reason.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I think you may be giving them too much credit! :smile: I would have thought 20% capacity would be a better system as it allows for 1 in 5 seats/standing places to be used. 4000 just sounds arbitrary for no real reason.

I don't think it was anything to do with 1 in 5 seats/standing, which is perfectly reasonable, but getting to and from games.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I don't think it was anything to do with 1 in 5 seats/standing, which is perfectly reasonable, but getting to and from games.

Could well be - but a 50% full ground doesn't sound much safer.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Obviously season ticket holders, who live in East Sussex and aged 47 and/or 48 will get priority. It is the fairest way.

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
Post 2 says that at Tier 3 there will be a ban on spectator remains. I think that’s probably fair enough so will be sure not to take my Dad(died in 1995) if I get a ticket

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here