Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] A maximum of 4,000 fans to be allowed at outdoor sports events

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
This assumption is probably broadly right, but I wouldn't be surprised if there are a few (100+) supporters who are too half arsed to put them on the exchange. You only have to look round the stadium on match days where it is "sold out" to see that lots don't bother. I guess they don't need the money or decide too late not to go?

I think it's more that supporters who don't have tickets are reluctant to use the Exchange. I've put my seat on it twice and on neither occasion was it sold - but that's clearly not going to apply when there will be 20,000 S/T holders without a ticket.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I`m suggesting that some who are from covid rife areas may go !! which I`m sure you will agree is not sensible !! I to went to the Chelsea game and felt all was good .

Seeing as how we all had to register with the club to get tickets of any kind in the first place, and folks had to take along photo id for the Chelsea pre-season match, the club could control this fairly straightforwardly via registered postcode. Harsh on those not on the postcode list, but these are harsh times sadly

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I`m suggesting that some who are from covid rife areas may go !! which I`m sure you will agree is not sensible !! I to went to the Chelsea game and felt all was good .

I was just reading on the BBC website that areas may move in and out of the different tiers every 2 weeks as infection rates fluctuate. It is going to be a bit difficult to tell what a COVID rife area is and also tough for the club to make arrangements for ticketing.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I do not know if this has already been mentioned on the thread. I just spoke to the club on live chat and you do not initially opt out of the ballot. If you are drawn out of the hat, you will be notified, within this notification there will be an opt out option. So, it seems you get 6 opt out options if you get drawn out 6 times or they are just doing away with the 6 opt outs, not sure. If you don't get drawn out, no worries. Previously, they said if you were drawn out, you either go to the match, sell the ticket online or lose the money /ticket.
This sounds a better way of doing things.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Seeing as how we all had to register with the club to get tickets of any kind in the first place, and folks had to take along photo id for the Chelsea pre-season match, the club could control this fairly straightforwardly via registered postcode. Harsh on those not on the postcode list, but these are harsh times sadly

Still loopholes in that - for example I suspect there are loads of student STHs living away from home with their ST registered to their home (parents) address...........junior certainly was when he was an undergrad.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Fair enough, you could have sent it to yourself via I message. just made me chuckle, its what my Dad used to do until I mentioned the screen shot function.

I’m sure my lad would have something to say if he saw what I did as well[emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
2,000 attendance possible for Albion under tier 2.

Leeds fans, in tier 3, will have to keep on waiting to for a glimpse of live Premier League football.

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
So living in Kent which is Tier 3, should I be lucky enough to get a ticket I shouldn't travel to the match anyway. :nono:

My 2 lads live in Hampshire which is Tier 2 so they could go. I think I'll update my ballot group if I can to take me out of it.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
There are no professional clubs in Tier 1.

Very funny that Truro City are the biggest club in Tier 1 with a capacity of under 4,000. Bit of a false promise from the government in that announcement...

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Not convinced the Amex will be able to serve beers in Tier 2 unless as part of table service with a substantial pie :shrug:

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Not convinced the Amex will be able to serve beers in Tier 2 unless as part of table service with a substantial pie :shrug:

Lamptey's Full English, just the job...

maxresdefault.jpg

I can’t believe they’ll bother, surely it will cost more than they will make in revenue?

I think they will want to get some fans in to test/prove their systems and provide evidence to lobby for increased capacity ASAP.

It all has to start somewhere, we've already had the successful test event and come into this ahead of the rest of the Premier League.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here