Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Isn't Science wonderful?

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
As a science person myself, I can't help feel that the politicians have done nothing but total harm
to the public perception of science/scientists. The money provided for research was public money (the bulk
of it I suspect at least) but the way the politicians have argued/screwed up and in-fought about what the scientists
have done/said or warned is out-bloody-rageous.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
It's an impressive achievement by the science community to get so many vaccines that work in a short space of time regarding covid 19.
But what's incredible is the story of a vaccine for covid has overshadowed Israeli scientists discovering a potential cure for cancer and another group who have claimed to have been able to reverse the aging process twenty years using oxygen therapy.
It will be interesting to see if these two discoveries are off the back of covid19 research.
science is amazing.

don't forget adding different hops and citrus fruit juices to make ale tast even better, thats importanter science at street level :whistle:

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Scientists? Bah, Humbug - we're sick of experts :mad:

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
That've got the argument lined up for the last part already. Vaccination passports are a breach of the equalities act, favouring spherical earthers.

People should absolutely have the right to choose whether or not to take this vaccine.

However, any stupid ****ing idiot who refuses to take it (who CAN take it - some can't) for whatever stupid ****ing idiot reason, should absolutely not be allowed into any public places or events.

Grrrr. Human rights of the individual above all else, my Aunt ****ing Fanny...

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
People should absolutely have the right to choose whether or not to take this vaccine.

However, any stupid ****ing idiot who refuses to take it (who CAN take it - some can't) for whatever stupid ****ing idiot reason, should absolutely not be allowed into any public places or events.

Grrrr. Human rights of the individual above all else, my Aunt ****ing Fanny...
Indeed.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
You can almost see it now, come April you won't be allowed into any sporting event or go on a flight abroad if you haven't taken the vaccine.
Unless there is a nasty side effect which we don't know about yet, why wouldn't you take it!

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
You can almost see it now, come April you won't be allowed into any sporting event or go on a flight abroad if you haven't taken the vaccine.
Unless there is a nasty side effect which we don't know about yet, why wouldn't you take it!

i can see why you wouldnt . In theory all the elderley and vulnerable will take it so there wouldnt be a massive need to take it.

What is it , less than 500 deaths for under 50s . I can see that you wouldnt need to rush out to do it if not essential , jsut wait to get it to get immunity that way. Similar mindest to the flu vaccine etc.

Can see both sides personally

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
i can see why you wouldnt . In theory all the elderley and vulnerable will take it so there wouldnt be a massive need to take it.

What is it , less than 500 deaths for under 50s . I can see that you wouldnt need to rush out to do it if not essential , jsut wait to get it to get immunity that way. Similar mindest to the flu vaccine etc.

Can see both sides personally

Yep totally, however I've just read that Qantas are saying that they will want proof you've had a vaccine before flying with them! I should imagine that will get rolled out to all airlines over the coming months.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Science and technology will dig us out of this particular hole. But we're not there yet, so stand by for the backlash if the first proper vaccine deployment isn't as successful as hoped.

Perhaps you need to elaborate. If it's the deployment insomuch as getting it to those that need it, I'm sure if left to BJ we might as well shot ourselves but if it's the effectiveness of the vaccine, it could be a case of "8 out of 10 cats prefer", where Trumpism mathematics are in play

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Let’s hope the science gets to The District of Swale now Covid central according to the BBC!

Yep, I'm so so proud of our little area of Kent. Who would have thought we could ever be world beaters... Oh, sorry that was the test and trace or something else...

I'm expecting [MENTION=1200]Harry Wilson's tackle[/MENTION] to be along any time soon to tell us Faversham shouldn't be part of Swale - far too posh!

Last edited:

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Read it and weep... manging to fend off arch rivals Thanet!

swale.png

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

if you take this approach, the virus is incubated through the wider population, giving more chance for a mutation that makes the vaccine ineffective.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Perhaps you need to elaborate. If it's the deployment insomuch as getting it to those that need it, I'm sure if left to BJ we might as well shot ourselves but if it's the effectiveness of the vaccine, it could be a case of "8 out of 10 cats prefer", where Trumpism mathematics are in play

All I mean is that it takes some people very little to abandon reason (science) and start promoting 'alternatives'. We have one such swanny character on NSC, and the only way of dealing with such piffle is to put it on ignore. :wink:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yep, I'm so so proud of our little area of Kent. Who would have thought we could ever be world beaters... Oh, sorry that was the test and trace or something else...

I'm expecting [MENTION=1200]Harry Wilson's tackle[/MENTION] to be along any time soon to tell us Faversham shouldn't be part of Swale - far too posh!

Faversham should not be part of Swale. Historically we are more aligned with Canterbury which, in Covid terms.....oh, hang on :facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here