Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Isn't Science wonderful?

warsaw

She's lost control
Jan 28, 2008
So it looks as though science is going to rescue the world and allow us to return to some kind of normality next year. . A fantastic effort all round from those who have been working to make this happen.

I like science, it's nice to hear stuff that you can rely on, good and bad, instead of having to listen to various buffoons doing their utmost to decry it.

Could have put this on the good news thread but thought it was the time to give the real experts the gong they have earned.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
I'm sure some conspiracy nut will say Pfizer and big Pharma manufactured the original virus and then hey presto a short time after miraculously came up with the vaccine

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Wasn't it science that started the whole thing in the first place ?

Hmmm....Science is a process, exemplified by the scientific method of hypothesis generation and falsification. When it comes to understanding the nature of things, it's the alternative to guessing.

Technology is the application of science for a purpose. That purpose could be the invention of a vaccine, or the invention of a biological weapon.

I agree with your premise that it is possible that 'science' was behind Covid - if Covid is a man made virus - and all the evidence suggests it isn't.

I'm not fond of your inference that we'd be better off not asking questions, living in caves and using 'signs' from 'gods' to make decisions, though. :wink:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
So it looks as though science is going to rescue the world and allow us to return to some kind of normality next year. . A fantastic effort all round from those who have been working to make this happen.

I like science, it's nice to hear stuff that you can rely on, good and bad, instead of having to listen to various buffoons doing their utmost to decry it.

Could have put this on the good news thread but thought it was the time to give the real experts the gong they have earned.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Science and technology will dig us out of this particular hole. But we're not there yet, so stand by for the backlash if the first proper vaccine deployment isn't as successful as hoped.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Hmmm....Science is a process, exemplified by the scientific method of hypothesis generation and falsification. When it comes to understanding the nature of things, it's the alternative to guessing.

Technology is the application of science for a purpose. That purpose could be the invention of a vaccine, or the invention of a biological weapon.

I agree with your premise that it is possible that 'science' was behind Covid - if Covid is a man made virus - and all the evidence suggests it isn't.

I'm not fond of your inference that we'd be better off not asking questions, living in caves and using 'signs' from 'gods' to make decisions, though. :wink:

you will be telling us the earth is not flat next

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Manmade or not, without science/technology the virus would most likely have stayed in its cave or at least in Wuhan.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
you can bet that there will be plenty of Numptys complaining that vaccinating the entire population is taking too long, is a scam to give bill gates our DNA, would be better under the greens/reds/oranges (delete as appropriate). There will be plenty saying that they wont take it, but then also complaining they are discriminated against when not allowed into the Amex etc

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
you will be telling us the earth is not flat next

flat.jpg

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Or lying to sell books or cause chaos.

May 5, 2020
Sussex
It's an impressive achievement by the science community to get so many vaccines that work in a short space of time regarding covid 19.
But what's incredible is the story of a vaccine for covid has overshadowed Israeli scientists discovering a potential cure for cancer and another group who have claimed to have been able to reverse the aging process twenty years using oxygen therapy.
It will be interesting to see if these two discoveries are off the back of covid19 research.
science is amazing.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
you can bet that there will be plenty of Numptys complaining that vaccinating the entire population is taking too long, is a scam to give bill gates our DNA, would be better under the greens/reds/oranges (delete as appropriate). There will be plenty saying that they wont take it, but then also complaining they are discriminated against when not allowed into the Amex etc

That've got the argument lined up for the last part already. Vaccination passports are a breach of the equalities act, favouring spherical earthers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here