Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] View First Unread

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
Does anyone else have the same problem as me when using NSC?
Whenever I click on "View First Unread" on very large threads for example "Brexit" or "Main Covid 19" I am taken to the very last posting on the thread rather than the "First Unread".
Is there a cure?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Whenever I click on "View First Unread" on very large threads for example "Brexit" or "Main Covid 19" I am taken to the very last posting on the thread rather than the "First Unread".
Is there a cure?

Best think to do is reformat your harddrive to FAT32 and start again.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I have that issue whenever I use it in a thread with a tweet in it - the page goes to the post, but the loading of the tweet, somehow shifts the page. The more tweets, the more shifting.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Is there a cure?

I don't know, but perhaps its an issue with merged threads, rather than just long ones?

Shuggie

Sep 19, 2003
East Sussex coast
I don't know, but perhaps its an issue with merged threads, rather than just long ones?

[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] while you’ve got the bonnet up, could you make this “view last read” rather than “first unread”? Given the advancing years of so many of us, I imagine I’m not the only one who has to ‘go back one’ when using this nifty little feature. Such a little change would make this old man very happy.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I didn't know there was a 'view first unread' option. How do you get that?

There are two ways.

1) From the main page click on the chiron just before the title:

Screenshot 2020-11-24 at 18.55.41.png

2) Open the thread, and near the top right of the first post is another link that will take you to first unread

Screenshot 2020-11-24 at 18.55.23.png

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Move your clothes down to a lower peg if you’re not doing Latin.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here