Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Klopp offering to "send us the points"

Interesting and valid argument on BBC sport about Liverpools schedule. They played Sunday then Wednesday and again against us on the early kickoff next week. Obviously there have been times when we've done that but Liverpool have been doing it since September every week. Hence he suggest he might as well send us the points as he expects to lose (!) anyway.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55038298

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Tbh, I'd accept a point off him right now!!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Nice try Jurgen, you are playing a team whose stars cost less than some of your not ready youngsters.

In fact you binned the player who is possibly our best player, because you couldn’t give him game time.

Move over Harry Redknapp, your replacement has arrived :wink:

Jurgen “bare bones” Klopp

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I'm lighting a candle for Liverpool's lose

must be a sign of how well we have improved. few years ago he might have said it would affect their goal difference as they might only win 2-0 instead of 5-0!

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Meanwhile many of us continue to struggle in the real world business hangs by a thread and yet we got to feel for a player who gets injured on £80,000 grand a week nope me neither jog on clip clop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
Leicester were apparently playing Liverpool at the right time.How did that work out for them?

As much as he has a point regarding the Weds/Sat playing taking its toll, these are professional athletes so they aren't dead on their feet just yet.

Perhaps he will play some fringe players, but lets be honest, Liverpools squad players are probably a match at least for us, and they wont have played two games a week .

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Are they home or away on Wednesday?

If they're away I might raise my level of believability by 1%.
Up too...

...1%.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
I used to like Klopp, but he seems to be a tedious whinner now, like Mourinho - you just have to accept as one of the top sides in the country you will play more games. Hence you spend millions on squad players and scoop up all the good young players for your reserves!

I've an idea, let's give the title to Liverpool and a bye to the Champions League Final, that way his players will be nice and fresh and will have no excuses. As an added bonus we then won't have to listen to his constant moaning!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
same old boring debate from managers playing in Europe and domestic league. yes Klopp, you play twice a week, you also have the funds for two first class XI, while the rest of the league do not.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Great kidology; we all know their 2nd XI would be better than our first, which is why the top 6 dominate the cup competitions now.

I may be daft, but I dont entirely get his argument; two games a week has been the norm for European qualifiers for years; OK, it is perhaps a tad more intense now but by degree rather than quantum change. It is not just (or even) Sky & BT to blame, it is also the CL scheduling that goes Weds-Tues (they play Ajax on 1/12). So if our game were on Sunday, they have 48+ hours before Ajax, that is no good. Has to be Sat and is he really serious that playing at 12.30 is materially different to 1500 or later?

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Personally, I'm happy Liverpool beat Leicester, and I hope they beat Atalanta (albeit in a bruising encounter). Need Liverpool to be thinking they can continue to compete on multiple fronts, at some point they won't be able to keep up the pace. I hope it's Saturday.

Klopp right to be making the noises he's making

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Yes Juergen, you really have a terrible team. It must be very hard for you.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here