Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tariq Lamptey - the best Brighton player none of us will see?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
We’d be mad to sell him even in the summer. He’d be pretty silly to go. This season and next, then think about a move young man. Also, after his first performance for us I tipped him to play for England so when that happens I’ll be SMUG like Eddie.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
He’d better be around for a while - I’ve just bought my nephew a Lamptey home shirt for Christmas and on the advice of my sister, it has plenty of growing room!

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
What is it about us and lovable right backs? I thought I could never get over Calde, then Bruno came along. And now. Not only is he brilliant, he’s so likeable and fun to watch, and seems like a thoroughly nice man to boot.

Rosenior and Schellotto also legends for their own reasons.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
TBH it's probably for the best.

Tariq up close would probably turn me into the giddiest of giddy aunts.

There just wouldn't be enough pearls for me to clutch as I swoon to the floor.

Then he'd have to put up with the embarrassment of me trying to wrap him up in hat scarf and gloves, shouting at the big boys for tackling him.
Finally licking a hanky and wiping his face before meeting the press.

I bet he forgets his plimsolls for when they go in the hall.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
he looks good for us , given the rest of the squad however if he knocks on the door of the main England team not just under 21 I think we will have him one more season and then gone , better to be a big fish in a little pond then a small fish in a big pond ---- no pun intended !

He is a piranha.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
I am glad that Tony Bloom seems to be made of better stuff than most on here.

Historically Brighton aren't seen as a selling club, possibly because we have rarely had anything worth selling or more latterly because we have an owner who wants to keep his most valuable assets.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here