Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dean Henderson

murciagull

Nov 27, 2006
Murcia
According to the BBC football gossip page we're in for the Manchester United goalie on loan in January.

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
Just noticed that this ‘gossip,’ that includes Leeds being interested as well, has been attributed to The Sun so nothing to see here. Utter fabricated bollocks.

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
I’d be disappointed not to see Sanchez given a chance over Henderson personally.

Real potential.

As it happens, I’ve witnessed both players make their football league debuts. Henderson’s came on boxing day 2017 when we (Grimsby) played Accrington at home. He conceded one goal in his first four appearances in what was a pretty average League Two Town side, and kept four clean sheets in his seven appearances in total.

Frustratingly, his loan spell came to an abrupt end in bizarre and concerning circumstances, amidst rumours he’d been involved in a traffic accident following our 2-0 defeat at Stevenage. It quickly transpired that this was a classic case of Chinese whispers and he had in fact merely been ‘thrown under the bus’ by manager Marcus Bignot in his post match interview having made a mistake during the game.

Either way, United clearly weren’t having it and immediately recalled the young lad. Still, it was clear from his short spell with us that the kid had an incredibly bright future. This clip sums it up rather well; a great last minute save followed by chants of ‘Deano, Deano’ from the crowd. Quite an impression made by a then 19 year old ‘keeper. A rapport with the fans I’ve not seen from a goalkeeper since we had Dave Beasant on loan in the early 90s.

Sanchez appeared at Blundell Park on the opening day of the 18/19 season, in goal on loan for Forest Green. We weren’t great that day, but I specifically remember Googling the lad on the strength of his performance and couldn’t believe how young he was.

It stood out to me that he was such a unit and yet clearly very quick and agile. He also had a very cool and calm demeanour, which was all the more impressive given it was his professional debut.

Clearly I’ve seen much less of Sanchez than I have Dean Henderson, but I’d be surprised if both don’t go far in the game. Henderson has the edge in terms of experience, and if you could get him I really do think it would be a coup - just ask Sheffield United fans. Long-term though, you may well have something there with the young Spaniard.

wolfie

Jul 19, 2003
Warwickshire
It also says he wants a move to further his England ambitions. Would think that a move here would ruin them completely all the while Southgate is in charge.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Just noticed that this ‘gossip,’ that includes Leeds being interested as well, has been attributed to The Sun so nothing to see here. Utter fabricated bollocks.

Actually the football writers at the Sun have been pretty accurate in the past haven't they? I know Tom Barclay has broken a few stories about us early that have been accurate.

If true then Potter really doesn't rate Ryan does he ?

Ken Newbury

Feb 6, 2006
1/2 mile from LDC country
Don't shoot me down, I don't have this officially, but did hear this from a few different people. Apparently Maty Ryan has formally asked to go home to Australia. That kind of makes sense that we are in for a new first choice goalkeeper in January to allow an unhappy Ryan to leave.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Don't shoot me down, I don't have this officially, but did hear this from a few different people. Apparently Maty Ryan has formally asked to go home to Australia. That kind of makes sense that we are in for a new first choice goalkeeper in January to allow an unhappy Ryan to leave.

I did wonder if this was the case, he seems very close to his family given the amount of times his mum and sister have been over, as well as going back there during lockdown including the 14 day isolation in a hotel. Only 28 though so seems early to be going back to the A-League

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
Actually the football writers at the Sun have been pretty accurate in the past haven't they? I know Tom Barclay has broken a few stories about us early that have been accurate.

If true then Potter really doesn't rate Ryan does he ?

Just seems unlikely that Leeds would be interested when Meslier is apparently rated there, plus we would never make any interest public so not sure how The Sun would have any insider information.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here