Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Central midfield options

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
How do you see this fight for places panning out?

Is Gross a realistic option as a deep lying playmaker? (He certainly works well with Lamptey).
Do you see Davy getting back in?
Has Molumby edged ahead of Alzate?
Do you like Lallana in a central mid position, or is he better employed further forward?
Is it a case of who starts alongside Bissouma in the current pecking order?
Do you like seeing White as a CM?
Do you think we'll try to bring Moder over in the new year?
Do you have a general preference for a 3 or 2 man central midfield given our selection options?

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
It's very possible that Davy Pröpper will be sold in January I reckon.

Particularly if Moder is brought into the squad.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I do prefer White in there as once again we were vulnerable on the break in the first half. When he goes in midfield we are much less likely to be broken open. Two of Gros, Lallana and Trossard behind a front two, and I would always play Trossard. But Alzate and MacAllister will get more time as we go along. Good problems to have

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Selection is getting tricky, I guess. Bissouma plus one seems to be the norm just now (with Lallana a bit further forward); somewhat surprised to see Gross getting the nod over Alzate, who would be my choice, but we seem to be doing alright with him at the moment. Can't really see a way back in for Propper.
So for me, it would be Biss and Alzate in CM, with Molumby in reserve, and Lallana further forward (with Mac Argie as back up).
No idea whether Moder is better than any of the above, so don't know where he'd fit in - or not.....and isn't young Sanders still nominally in the first team squad too (not playing for the U23s or loaned out, I think)? Choices, choices!

Edit: and yes, I did forget about Trossard in the more advanced midfield position! :facepalm:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It's very possible that Davy Pröpper will be sold in January I reckon.

Particularly if Moder is brought into the squad.

Once we have Moder here there will no longer be a need for Propper. Indeed, we should move him on and get as much as we can for him.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Could see Moder coming in and Pröpper & Molumby (loan) out in January.

Where and why do you think Molumby's going to go? He's already had a good full season - at a decent level - in the Championship. I'm pretty sure he's not the sort of character to take a step backwards.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Where and why do you think Molumby's going to go? He's already had a good full season - at a decent level - in the Championship. I'm pretty sure he's not the sort of character to take a step backwards.

No idea where but think it would be healthy for him to play regularly and Championship is a better level than U23.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
No idea where but think it would be healthy for him to play regularly and Championship is a better level than U23.

Still a step backwards. I can see a transfer request coming in of we can't get him something better than that. And he's not the only one who will not be happy in the limbo between the U23s and the first team bench - Potter will have to be very careful and do some very delicate balancing acts if we're not going to lose some we might well regret losing.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Still a step backwards. I can see a transfer request coming in of we can't get him something better than that. And he's not the only one who will not be happy in the limbo between the U23s and the first team bench - Potter will have to be very careful and do some very delicate balancing acts if we're not going to lose some we might well regret losing.

A step backwards in some ways maybe but I dont really see the option. Transferring where?

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
If we go on a good run and are playing well by January I reckon it's likely we would leave Moder to continue his development in Poland.
However, if we're struggling in Jan he could well provide the squad with a welcome boost.

It's a nice problem to have.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
I would actually play Molumby v Liverpool, we need someone to get about their midfield to stop their press , I imagine Llanna will be out for this one with a groin strain so either Alzate or Molumby step in there , we will miss Lamptey but he's been a busy lad so the rest may do more good than harm .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here