Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] A Villa view of yesterdays game...

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Firstly I must add I don’t much care for Villa and all clubs have their share of drips but are there any fans of Premier or Championship clubs we like ?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Interesting to note that the current form of this MASSIVE club Villa has yielded – based on the last five games – six points, exactly the same as little of Brighton's :lolol:

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
2 minutes of my life I’ll never get back......
Literally 18 months ago they were in the Championship and only went up via the play offs.
They stayed up by the skin of their teeth last season despite spending a fortune, whereas we have never even gone into the penultimate weekend in danger in 3 years.
Grealish will leave this coming summer but who else have Villa ‘discovered’? Watkins cost £30m......
I’m sure Lamptey, Bissouma and White will go in the next 24 months but Brighton will receive north of £100m and will replace them for significantly less, as an example Bissouma’s replacement is already signed and playing in Poland.
Mings is shite, we have 2 perhaps 3 CBs better than him, I have no idea how he is anywhere near the England squad.
Half these dickheads wanted their manager out only 5 months ago. No wonder all the midland fans around them fecking hate Villa.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Just spoken to my Villa supporting relative, not been picking up my calls since Saturday evening conveniently. :lolol:

Fuming doesn't begin to describe it, described the penatly at the end as an absolute joke, said no club gets more bad decisions against them than Villa. He also bemoaned our consistent fouling of Jack although admitted we weren't the only club to target and foul him. Thought overall Villa were in total control of 90% of the game but did admit we were a handful on the break and a combination of good fortune on our part and poor decision making on their part was why we won. Finally he congratulated us on winning 'our cup final'.

:thumbsup:

:clap:

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Interestingly, my Villa supporting mate (season ticket holder) was pretty gracious in defeat. Even immediately saying that it was never a penalty, and that March "clearly gets the ball first". He thought Bissouma was a step above anything Villa had in the centre of midfield and was worried at how they reverted back to their "rely on Grealish to save us" game plan when they were desperately chasing.

Ultimately, he's a sound guy.

Just spoken to my Villa supporting relative, not been picking up my calls since Saturday evening conveniently. :lolol:

Fuming doesn't begin to describe it, described the penatly at the end as an absolute joke, said no club gets more bad decisions against them than Villa. He also bemoaned our consistent fouling of Jack although admitted we weren't the only club to target and foul him. Thought overall Villa were in total control of 90% of the game but did admit we were a handful on the break and a combination of good fortune on our part and poor decision making on their part was why we won. Finally he congratulated us on winning 'our cup final'.

:thumbsup:

:clap:
110 years late but fair play to him conceding ???

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Firstly I must add I don’t much care for Villa and all clubs have their share of drips but are there any fans of Premier or Championship clubs we like ?

Probably not, because our view of the entire fanbase, club, even geographical area is based on the expressed views of a few eejits on a forum, and often even those are in the frustration of the moment. And every team has a few eejit supporters...

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis

I know I don't speak for everyone on here but the warmth with which Liverpool's first title was received on here suggests more than a soft spot for them from many Seagulls. Think there is a good smattering of good will towards Man Utd as well.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I know I don't speak for everyone on here but the warmth with which Liverpool's first title was received on here suggests more than a soft spot for them from many Seagulls. Think there is a good smattering of good will towards Man Utd as well.

It's very difficult to generalise as - like us - most clubs have a percentage of ignorant d*ckheads in their fanbase but also some who maintain a sense of perspective and remember where we were 20 years ago.

I've always found Everton, Leicester, Fulham and West Ham fans to be the most reasonable in terms of their expectations (usually modest). They've experienced enough disappointments and calamities to know that another one could be around any corner. Whether Leicester will change now that they're having their 15 minutes remains to be seen.

Newcastle possibly suffer from greater mass delusions of grandeur than most, with an incredible number of fans who weren't born when they last won a trophy (1969) still thinking they should be title contenders. But I'd still quite like it if they finally won a League Cup or something, whereas I'd be very happy if Manchester United never won anything ever again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here