Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Mike Trusson

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Ex Brighton player appointed assistant manager of Sheff Weds .Strange as seems to have been out of game for long time

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Ex Brighton player appointed assistant manager of Sheff Weds .Strange as seems to have been out of game for long time
He appears to have been scouting for a long time, but yes, it does seem a bit of a step up, and at 61, quite a late one too. Oh well, good luck to him.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley

Weird, I replied to a tweet "name a random player from the past" or something like that, and his name popped into my head and I posted, this was a week or so ago

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Yes, he used to run football schools in the holidays to supplement his wages. I remember the likes of Gerry Armstrong and Geoff Cooper helping him out.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Met him a few years ago walking his dog on the seafront at Hove near Babylon Lounge. He said then that he'd been working for Portsmouth FC.

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017
Vaguely remember him lumbering around the midfield for us in the late 80’s/early 90’s

Very much remember him missing a header against Arsenal in the cup

5 yards out,goal at his mercy and headers it straight into the arms of Lukic

Nah! I'm not bitter :lolol:

Good luck Mr Trusson

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

Yeah, he was unfortunately playing for us when that started.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
A random name from the past I'd totally forgotten about. Last I heard of him (years ago) he was working as an estate agent in Worthing.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Quite ironic, the first real ‘target’ of Gulls Eye, when I actually got to know him long after his Albion career had finished I discovered what a top bloke he was, he was originally part of Tony Pulis’s backroom staff and followed him to a couple of clubs, for whatever reason he never went to Stoke but then took on scouting duties.

I really do wish him well.

Jul 7, 2003
When I did my Level 1 coaching certificate, they had just made some changes and he was there making sure those running the course were implementing the changes. He was an excellent tutor.

Up until a few years ago, he was still living in the Angmering home he bought when he was an Albion player - not sure if he is still there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here