Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Time To Keep Yer Money In Yer Pocket Travel-Wise

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It's just rubbish atm non? Just a game of booking something and claiming all the constituent parts back two weeks later when the rules change. Which they always do. But never in your favour. As per thread title, why part with real money for a holiday that will probably never happen?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I’ve booked a flight that may or may not happen at the end of May to take advantage of a very good Avios deal, but it’s fully refundable up to 24 hours beforehand (points plus the tax I had to pay). Not bothered booking a hotel yet, but if/when I do it’ll be on a ‘pay when I get there’ basis. Looking at booking 2-3 other trips as well, vast majority of hotels seem to be offering a ‘pay when you stay’ payment option now without the significant extra cost this usually involves.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Too much uncertainty at the moment. Could be restrictions in your destination country than spoil your holiday. Could be quarantine on return that spoils your return. Could be a requirement to have a test before you go / when you get back and even if you don’t have it there is a decent chance of a false positive result.

I’m not clear what would happen if you test positive on your pre-holiday test? You wouldn’t be able to go and travel insurance now doesn’t cover Covid so would you just lose your holiday and all your money?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here