Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Long Way Up

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Anyone else followed the recent McGregor/Boorman travelogue on Apple TV+ covering The Americas, south to north?

It got a bit bogged down in the hassles of using (and charging) electric vehicles at the start of the journey and they either got to grips with that or the programme's editors decided to make it less of a feature of the show as they progressed.

We've just watched the final episode and I feel slightly sad it's finished - felt slightly rushed through Mexico and the final leg in the US to the finish in LA. Still really enjoyed it though.

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
Been a superb series as have all their other trips over the years. Still got an episode or two to watch but really great tv.
Getting to see some truly amazing parts of the world from the comfort of your sofa at times like this is great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Love just about everything that Charlie Boorman puts out on tv. In fact l caught him at the Capitol in Horsham a few years back, where he gave a talk on his life and career. A facinating evening.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Loved it until they popped out of Colombia into Central America where it all started to feel rushed and hastily pulled together.

The two producers are wet wipes though and it’s astonishing anything gets done with them in tow.

Loved the bikes and the Rivian SUVs though. Fantastic pieces of kit.

Rambo

Don't Push me
Jul 8, 2003
Worthing/Vietnam
I purchased Apple TV + entirely for Long Way Up. I echo what has been said, very enjoyable as always but it did feel rushed in the final 3 episodes through Central America, Mexico and the USA.

I would have like liked to have seen more on Mexico.

The bonus of Apple TV though is a series called Ted Lasso, fantastic stuff and worthy of the subscription for these 2 series.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I purchased Apple TV + entirely for Long Way Up. I echo what has been said, very enjoyable as always but it did feel rushed in the final 3 episodes through Central America, Mexico and the USA.

I would have like liked to have seen more on Mexico.

The bonus of Apple TV though is a series called Ted Lasso, fantastic stuff and worthy of the subscription for these 2 series.

We're all in on Ted Lasso despite its predictableness (is a word) it's still blooming funny.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Anyone else followed the recent McGregor/Boorman travelogue on Apple TV+ covering The Americas, south to north?

It got a bit bogged down in the hassles of using (and charging) electric vehicles at the start of the journey and they either got to grips with that or the programme's editors decided to make it less of a feature of the show as they progressed.

We've just watched the final episode and I feel slightly sad it's finished - felt slightly rushed through Mexico and the final leg in the US to the finish in LA. Still really enjoyed it though.

Thought it was an opportunity wasted to be honest.

Agree re the electric bikes and whether they’d booked the right boats etc.... not enough scenic shots for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here