Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Pascal Groß 100 Prem appearance

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Co commentator on my feed suggested that Gros' pass wasn't intended for Solly that he was just hitting it into some space and hoping.
Obviously never seen Pascal play before.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Great performance from Pascal today, creative and excellent vision to pick out Solly.

Even better, I called his Cruyff turn before he did it ��

Shirley this regular Cruyff turn would be picked up by the oppositions analysis departments?

Saying that Brighton are not a bigger enough club for the effort

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
Is it purely a coincidence the vast improvement in form of both Pascal & Solly is since Lallana started? I tend to think class and like thinking football brains are the reason. Long may it continue.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Co commentator on my feed suggested that Gros' pass wasn't intended for Solly that he was just hitting it into some space and hoping.
Obviously never seen Pascal play before.

You can quite clearly see in the replays that he looked up and picked that pass. Fantastic bit of play.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Can people stop saying he does a Cruyff turn?

It’s a GROSS turn. It’s completely different. It’s just as effective, but much slower.

Thank you.

Black Hill

Banned
Apr 24, 2020
From what I saw Gross played well yesterday. I am pleased he has fought his way back into the reckoning.
We had a good couple of ‘Cruyff turns’ yesterday and I thought unlike the the commentators the pass to March was intended.
However, what has happened to Propper? I am not aware he is injured.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
The thing about his Cruyff turn is that everybody knows he's going to do it and it still works, every single time.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
The thing about his Cruyff turn is that everybody knows he's going to do it and it still works, every single time.

Yep, like you and presumably everyone else, I call it every single time.

My favourite Gross moment was I think Arsenal at home first season, but could have been a different Amex game, in any case he got the ball wide right unmarked, Murray was coming through the middle into the box peeling off the back of the defender, and you could just see the cross before it left his foot, you just knew it would be pinpoint, and it was and Murray buried it. Beckham - esque.

Yep, Arsenal, 40 seconds in on this video. Have weve seen a better cross by a Brighton player?

The 40 seconds before it are a Gross highlights reel - corner for Dunks goal, shot turned round the post, back heel to Knockaert, then cross for Murray. He was on fire that day.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

My favourite Gross moment was I think Arsenal at home first season, but could have been a different Amex game, in any case he got the ball wide right unmarked, Murray was coming through the middle into the box peeling off the back of the defender, and you could just see the cross before it left his foot, you just knew it would be pinpoint, and it was and Murray buried it. Beckham - esque.

Yep, Arsenal, 40 seconds in on this video. Have weve seen a better cross by a Brighton player?

My favourite was him doing a perfect Groß turn in front of us in the Family Stand.
He proceeded to wander across the pitch and within 2 minutes did exactly the same in front of the NW stand.

I'm surprised he didn't go down to show the away fans what he could do.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011

The 40 seconds before it are a Gross highlights reel - corner for Dunks goal, shot turned round the post, back heel to Knockaert, then cross for Murray. He was on fire that day.

Yeah class. pretty good corner for the first too.

Just watched that all the way through. I had forgotten about the disgraceful challenge on Schellotto.
Wilf and Grealish moaning about being fouled? **** off.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
You may be right but I was assuming the warbler on the radio doesn't think football began in 1993.

What about those boys? Any in the 100 club? Unless you mean Gerry Ryan.......

Pretty sure Fozzie, Case and Gatting would get in. I imagine the stat was about post '93.

Foster 156
Gary Stevens 133
Maty Ryan 118
Dunk 116
Moseley 116
Robinson 113
McNab 106
Gross 100
Propper 100
Dale Stephens 99
March 98
Murray 96
Smith 94
Duffy 91
Gerry Ryan 91

Gatting 79

Case 68

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
You can quite clearly see in the replays that he looked up and picked that pass. Fantastic bit of play.

He knows where to put the ball. As Glen Murray said when asked what helped him continue scoring goals - Pascal Gross.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Class act. I’ve said many times if he had outright pace he’d be lifting the European Cup. As it is we’ll have to happily settle for all his other quality attributes. Had a feeling he’d work his way back into the side once we added pace in other areas.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yet for some he still needs to 'prove himself' every time he's selected in the team.

(sadly not) unbelievable.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I remember seeing a Twitter post a couple of weeks from one of the Albion fan accounts asking if Pascal would ever 'be a key player' (or words to that effect) for the club again. I remember thinking at the time it was a very odd/dumb question to ask and so it proved the very next league game [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here