Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Thoughts on Veltman

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Given the red today we may well be seeing him in the next 3 games.

Whats your thoughts on him?

He strikes me as he described himself in the his first club interview "a clever player"

Good with the ball and brave in his choices, seems to work out tactically how to be a right pain in the arse to any attackers coming onto him as well.

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
Hes brilliant. Probably our best & most reliable defender - given the chance. He's done well every chance he has had so far.

Compared to what webby was up to today

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Lamptey only misses one game.

Do you think Veltman will keep him out of the team for the next two games?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Quite happy with him stepping in for Lamptey. Not the same attacking threat (pace in particular) but a bloody good defender, calm head and a leader on the pitch. Decent upgrade on Montoya.

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
Given the red today we may well be seeing him in the next 3 games.

Whats your thoughts on him?

He strikes me as he described himself in the his first club interview "a clever player"

Good with the ball and brave in his choices, seems to work out tactically how to be a right pain in the arse to any attackers coming onto him as well.
As Lamptey is a wing back I will presume Potter could/would play Alzate in his place. I think Veltman is more suited as a back 3/full back sort of player . . . but I am normally way off the mark.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Intelligent player. Losing Lamptey is a blow in terms of attack but I think Veltman is a sound defender, an upgrade on Montoya.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Thinks he’s been a classy acquisition - best description is a ‘premier league Uwe Hune’ and what a great guy / player he was for us.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Don’t really want to see him at rb rather white went in cm veltman cb and alzate in for lamptey

Against Liverpool? All personal opinions but I’d rather have an actual experienced international defender playing in defence as opposed to an inexperienced midfielder being used as a makeshift defender.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I don't think many other premier league clubs have a CB that good on the bench, possibly none.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Christ.

I quickly read the thread title and saw 'Any thoughts on Vietnam?'

:facepalm:

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Classy player.

Glad he's getting opportunities to play, it would be criminal if he wasn't.
Wouldn't be unhappy to see him replace Webster for a few games at some point.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Good option, Dunk and Webster should be looking over their shoulders as he is a class act

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here