Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Their goal / VAR

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Just seen it again. Yes VAR has helped us today a bit (despite missing some stuff that would have helped us).

Their guy is offside, then blocks Webster off completely. Nearly a foul in itself (Altho Webster nudges him to start with). In my book VAR should have ruled that out - an offside player stopped Webster making an attempt to get to the ball. Anyone else?

And yes I hate VAR and yes just bin it

Oh and have some of that mop head sock boy **** :lol:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Yeah - I saw that in the replay.

I wondered at first why White was the wrong side, it was because the scorer was Webster’s man and he was blatantly blocked off.

Also, why did VAR not ask the ref to review the Veltman elbow incident. That looked like a clear red to me.

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
We defended really badly in the forst half and got away with one like Manure did . . . . . A better effort despite some suicidal attempts to gift VIlla be Dunk and Webster in the second half, but TBH the free kick was good and our defending was dire. Mybe we got dragged down to Villas level of niggling and cheating ?

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I did think that initially, surely the offside man was interfering with play there. Completely blocked Webster - I guess they are never given but surely that's a player who's offside and committing a foul, no?

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Also, why did VAR not ask the ref to review the Veltman elbow incident. That looked like a clear red to me.

Yep, didnt even get a yellow for it yet clear elbow to the face and then scok-**** pulls him up off the ground and only gets a yellow.

Also why didnt their cheat (player) then get a yellow for simularion for the non-pen? He rolled around like Solly broke his bloody leg yet can be seen he didnt touch him.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014

I wondered at first why White was the wrong side, it was because the scorer was Webster’s man and he was blatantly blocked off.

Not much in that one really. More of a nudge. Bit like Lamptey...

Drebin

Jul 25, 2011
Norway

Indeed. I raised my voice somewhat when the player who had just elbowed veltman kicked his heels up to try and win a penalty. Very good refereeing for the penalty incident. It would have been carnage on here had it not been overturned.

Villa got what they deserved.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Just seen it again. Yes VAR has helped us today a bit (despite missing some stuff that would have helped us).

Their guy is offside, then blocks Webster off completely. Nearly a foul in itself (Altho Webster nudges him to start with). In my book VAR should have ruled that out - an offside player stopped Webster making an attempt to get to the ball. Anyone else?

And yes I hate VAR and yes just bin it

Oh and have some of that mop head sock boy **** :lol:

Stop moaning about VAR, refs for once and enjoy a rare win! Their goal was down to shocking defending! #neverstopsmoaning:laugh:

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

Elbowed him on the chin. Clear red, in my book. Oliver was having a meltdown at that point. Luckily he got his final decision right.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Stop moaning about VAR, refs for once and enjoy a rare win! Their goal was down to shocking defending! #neverstopsmoaning:laugh:

Oh do **** off you negative **** - you’re boring. Surprised you’re here tonight - we won! Oh you’re still moaning and being negative... I dedicate that win to you - for making you look a **** :)

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Elbowed him on the chin. Clear red, in my book. Oliver was having a meltdown at that point. Luckily he got his final decision right.

Absolutely miffed at that. Was a clear deliberate violent conduct ref. The commentator also poured water on it! If that was a ‘top 6’ club it would’ve been replayed loads. Joke.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Oh do **** off you negative **** - you’re boring. Surprised you’re here tonight - we won! Oh you’re still moaning and being negative... I dedicate that win to you - for making you look a **** :)

Your the one, once again, moaning about VAR etc. Nothing negative about my post. They scored due to poor defending. I am very happy tonight. You seem to have a little anger issue there! :)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

In order to minimise the number of times I'm rude to people on NSC I (....you can guess the rest).

Still, your rant gave me a vicarious chuckle :thumbsup:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Your the one, once again, moaning about VAR etc. Nothing negative about my post. They scored due to poor defending. I am very happy tonight. You seem to have a little anger issue there! :)
Only with moaning pricks like you. I’m discussing football and the wider issues on a football forum - you are constantly being pulled up for basking in us not winning.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here