[Albion] Player ratings vs Villa (a)

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Ryan 7 -- a couple of great saves but went wondering at times
White 8 MotM -- several impeccably timed challenges
Dunk 7 -- some good stuff in there
Webster 6 -- some good defending and ball carrying, some awful passing
Lamptey 7 -- just a dreadful decision from Oliver who had a meltdown towards the end; cheating Grealish; some great stuff in there from Mighty Mouse
Bissouma 7.5 -- he really plays that role so well now
Gross 6 -- some nice touches
Lallana 7.5 -- dangerous
March 7.5 -- it's only for standing on, so one-footed
Maupay 5 -- confidence is low
Welbeck 8 -- gives us options with his height and pace

Subs:
Veltman 8 -- so reassuring
Burn and Molumby n/a

Michael Oliver -- tried his hardest, but justice done in the end. I've no idea why he didn't send El Ghazi off, and then he falls for Grealish

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
6 - average

Ryan - 7
Webster - 6
Dunk - 6.5
White - 7
Lamptey - 8
March - 8
Bissouma - 6
Lallana - 6
Gross - 8 - great assist, excellent range of passing.
Maupay - 5 - poor, not attacking space. Would drop him.
Welbeck - 9

Veltman - 7

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
Gross is never a six. So good in possession, creative and a lovely assist for the winner.

He is a class player and so underrated.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Ryan 7 - did what he had to, could do nothing about the goal, bit flappy at times though (especially first half)

Lamptey 10 MOTM - continues to be an astonishing performer, his red was so unjustified
White 8 - best I've seen from him for a while
Dunk 7 - came back second half to his usual self after a shaky first half (I assume rusty)
Webster 6 - nothing like as impressive as the other two
March 9 - he's got a right foot. Who knew?

Bissouma 8 - more low-key performance from him than previously but still did a great job, especially defensively
Lallana 7 - great pass to release Welbz, fragility remains a concern
Gross 8 - produced some wonderful interplay with Lamptey at times

Welbeck 10 - just shaded by Lamptey for MOTM for me but there was virtually nothing in it, fantastic display
Maupay 7 - should have done better with his big chance, put in a shift but game drifted past him a bit

SUBS:
Veltman 8 - defensively sound, got elbowed with no punishment for the Villa player which was weird
Burn 7 - did his bit at the end
Molumby n/a

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Ryan - 7. There was a communications issue with several needless corners, can’t blame it on crowd noise!
Webster - 6
Dunk - 7 several key errors in the first half, back to his best second, leadership, his passion at the final whistle.
White - 8
Lamptey - 9.5 MOTM
March - 8.5 - great goal on his wrong foot, sublime cross field passing to Lamptey.
Bissouma - 7
Lallana - 7.5
Gross - 7.5
Maupay - 6 - worked hard for the cause
Welbeck - 9

Veltman - 8
Burn - 6

Potter - 9. Tactically he adapted, well done.

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
Ryan 7 -- a couple of great saves but went wondering at times
White 8 MotM -- several impeccably timed challenges
Dunk 7 -- some good stuff in there
Webster 6 -- some good defending and ball carrying, some awful passing
Lamptey 7 -- just a dreadful decision from Oliver who had a meltdown towards the end; cheating Grealish; some great stuff in there from Mighty Mouse
Bissouma 7.5 -- he really plays that role so well now
Gross 6 -- some nice touches
Lallana 7.5 -- dangerous
March 7.5 -- it's only for standing on, so one-footed
Maupay 5 -- confidence is low
Welbeck 8 -- gives us options with his height and pace

Subs:
Veltman 8 -- so reassuring
Burn and Molumby n/a

Michael Oliver -- tried his hardest, but justice done in the end. I've no idea why he didn't send El Ghazi off, and then he falls for Grealish

I’d dispute your take on Maupay, he did okay, was terrier-like and caused them problems. Don’t see any obvious confidence issue.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
6 - average

Ryan - 7
Webster - 6
Dunk - 6.5
White - 7
Lamptey - 8
March - 8
Bissouma - 6
Lallana - 6
Gross - 8 - great assist, excellent range of passing.
Maupay - 5 - poor, not attacking space. Would drop him.
Welbeck - 9

Veltman - 7

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bissouma same mark as Webster??

Bissouma was argubaly MOTM, an excellent all-round central midfield display, for me a solid 8 out of 10.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Lamptey is our best and most exciting player, but I think Yves is our most important.

Having him there today mopping up allowed Lallana & Gross so much more freedom going forward. Just as important to this team as Bridcutt was to that Poyet team at the start of the Amex era.

Most completed tackles per 90 of any of our players. And in the top 5 for most dribbles, most passes, clearances, interceptions & pass completion per 90 this season too. So good to finally see him live up to the potential he clearly had since signing.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Bissouma same mark as Webster??

Bissouma was argubaly MOTM, an excellent all-round central midfield display, for me a solid 8 out of 10.

I've been told off for giving Gross the same mark as Webster. Didn't notice the masterclass myself. I stand by my Webster comments: good defending with some great blocks, excellent ball carrying, some dreadful passing. Broadly, I agree with you on Biss, and [MENTION=29779]Whitechapel[/MENTION] even more.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Welbeck MOM for me - exactly what we've been missing in games like that. Maty pulled off some excellent saves in the first half. Dunk pants first half, Webster pants second, but the defence looked better as the game went on. March excellent.

Isn't it just marvellous that we have the most exciting newcomer in the PL in OUR squad in Lamptey?!

FF1

Aug 28, 2019
I’d dispute your take on Maupay, he did okay, was terrier-like and caused them problems. Don’t see any obvious confidence issue.

If anything, Maupay's issue is that he plays with too much confidence. He sees Wellbeck, instead of rolling the ball back to Wellbeck for an easy goal, he goes for a back heel... He would improve his game quite a bit if he was a bit less selfish.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Ryan - 7 two great saves early on but he went walk about a couple of times second half
Webster - 6 I wondered if he relaxed a little to much with Dunky back
Dunk - 7 welcome back and Happy Birthday
White - 9- MOM always difficult having to change position mid game and he did it seemlessly
Lamptey - 8 would have been even higher but for sending off he was my MOM until then
March - 8 what a goal the most consistent crosser of the ball in the team
Bissouma - 8 played very well
Lallana - 7 played well first half cannot remember him touching the ball after half time
Gross - 8 - Cleaver player great range of passing if only he had some pace
Maupay - 6 - really off the pace one great ball from Welbeck I think it was, made for him to run onto but sadly today just not quick enough
Welbeck - 8 well taken goal some good passing but also some heavy touches when through

Veltman - 7

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here