Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Are you a Superhuman? Facial recognition test

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I came across this study by the UNSW and found it interesting, I took the test and scored below average which was disappointing but unsurprising, the test is designed to be difficult as they are looking for those people that have exceptional ability in this task.
https://facetest.psy.unsw.edu.au/

It's not mobile compatible.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I came across this study by the UNSW and found it interesting, I took the test and scored below average which was disappointing but unsurprising, the test is designed to be difficult as they are looking for those people that have exceptional ability in this task.
https://facetest.psy.unsw.edu.au/

It's not mobile compatible.

I don't need to take a test to know I'll fail miserably. Every time there's a photo round in Pointless I spend the entire time going "it's er, HIM, you know, THAT BLOKE that was in that film" and it'll end up being Lewis Hamilton or Ben Stokes.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
That was quite interesting, but the ethnicities did make me wonder whether it was a test of racism, or whether I was racist, along the lines of "they all look the same, don't they?". But I guess that's just because it was Aussie-based.

On the UNSW Face Memory Test you scored 23 out of 40.
On the UNSW Face Sorting Test you scored 54 out of 80.

Your overall score on the UNSW Face Test was 64%.

For your information, based on the first 6300 participants on the UNSW Face Test:
Top 5% scored 72% and above
Top 10% scored 69% and above
Top 25% scored 65% and above
Top 50% scored 61% and above

m@goo

Feb 20, 2020
Ooh is this the test for super recognisers? Heard about them from the Roy Grace books that the police use.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
65%, not shabby but a some of it was pretty much guesswork.. 60% or so would probably have been closer to the truth.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I don't need to take a test to know I'll fail miserably. Every time there's a photo round in Pointless I spend the entire time going "it's er, HIM, you know, THAT BLOKE that was in that film" and it'll end up being Lewis Hamilton or Ben Stokes.

What film was Ben Stokes in GBoy ? I know Lewes Hamilton was in Driving Miss Daisy

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
got bored and gave up. not sure if that shows something in itself.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

This is different, its matching the face to the face, not a name.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here