Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Season ticket, direct debit query

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
Apologies if this has been covered on other threads

So, received a rebate of £200 or so this month for my season ticket

My question is.............December and onwards direct debit payments. Are they frozen? If so, how long for? Or if they start up again, am I paying my full whack of £40 something or a reduced rate that I was paying for a couple of months before the rebate this month?

Thanks in advance

:rave:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Apologies if this has been covered on other threads

So, received a rebate of £200 or so this month for my season ticket

My question is.............December and onwards direct debit payments. Are they frozen? If so, how long for? Or if they start up again, am I paying my full whack of £40 something or a reduced rate that I was paying for a couple of months before the rebate this month?

Thanks in advance

:rave:

Email from the club states as below - I imagine 21/22 season DDs will start in the spring as usual for next season, but will be adjusted down if there is anything on account left from this season.

Direct Debit Payments

Thank you for purchasing your 2020/21 season ticket paying by Direct Debit.

In light of the current restrictions to crowds we have made the decision to stop Direct Debit payments for the 2020/21 season earlier than usual. Payments usually run monthly, with the last payment due on 1st March 2021.

However, as you have already made 6 monthly payments of 12, we will not be taking any more payments from you. In the event you do not get to see as many matches as you have paid for, the remaining balance at the end of the 2020/21 season will be taken off the cost of your 2021/22 season ticket.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Email from the club states as below - I imagine 21/22 season DDs will start in the spring as usual for next season, but will be adjusted down if there is anything on account left from this season.

Direct Debit Payments

Thank you for purchasing your 2020/21 season ticket paying by Direct Debit.

In light of the current restrictions to crowds we have made the decision to stop Direct Debit payments for the 2020/21 season earlier than usual. Payments usually run monthly, with the last payment due on 1st March 2021.

However, as you have already made 6 monthly payments of 12, we will not be taking any more payments from you. In the event you do not get to see as many matches as you have paid for, the remaining balance at the end of the 2020/21 season will be taken off the cost of your 2021/22 season ticket.

Would be good if there was a moratorium on the renewal process for 2021/22 kicking in in the Spring. We must be one of earliest clubs in the entire league for that process to kick in

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Would be good if there was a moratorium on the renewal process for 2021/22 kicking in in the Spring. We must be one of earliest clubs in the entire league for that process to kick in

Doesn’t really matter though does it - payments are spread over 12 months so when they start/finish is pretty irrelevant as we pay out every month ?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Doesn’t really matter though does it - payments are spread over 12 months so when they start/finish is pretty irrelevant as we pay out every month ?

Not everybody pays by DD tho. And just because the ST renewal start date seems to have been historically put in place for us to be essentially taking a punt on what division we'd be playing next season, long before the current season has played itself out, doesn't mean it always has to be that way. Many other clubs ST renewal policies seem far more in line with the natural cycle of the football season

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Not everybody pays by DD tho. And just because the ST renewal start date seems to have been historically put in place for us to be essentially taking a punt on what division we'd be playing next season, long before the current season has played itself out, doesn't mean it always has to be that way. Many other clubs ST renewal policies seem far more in line with the natural cycle of the football season

Fair enough - I’m not bothered though as it’s just a monthly outgoing that doesn’t really change. Price wouldn’t materially change if we were relegated anyway (didn’t change when we went up other than inflationary adjustment).

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

True, but those that do pay by DD get an interest free loan. Also, I would hazard a guess that most STHs will renew regardless of which division we are in, evidenced by the amount that have done so over the last three seasons despite us being in a relegation scrap each time.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
True, but those that do pay by DD get an interest free loan. Also, I would hazard a guess that most STHs will renew regardless of which division we are in, evidenced by the amount that have done so over the last three seasons despite us being in a relegation scrap each time.

For sure, totally agree. The earlydoors ST renewal policy is patently aimed at locking in the market that will clearly evaporate should we ever fall from EPL grace. Which always looks as likely as not, to be honest. Same genuine fans - who are financially in a position to do so - will probably renew. Same as it ever was

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
For sure, totally agree. The earlydoors ST renewal policy is patently aimed at locking in the market that will clearly evaporate should we ever fall from EPL grace. Which always looks as likely as not, to be honest. Same genuine fans - who are financially in a position to do so - will probably renew. Same as it ever was

Would it ? We were sold out of STs in the Championship............

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Would it ? We were sold out of STs in the Championship............

Could be a major issue ST renewals given fans now being used to not going and others being very anti VAR

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here