Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Tablets

Coach_Carter_92

Apr 25, 2013
Home
Looking to get a tablet for myself, getting frustrated with lack of space on my phone. I'm not really tech savvy so what does NSC recommend?

Doesn't have to be top of the line, it will be mainly used for Netflix and a few games. Google play compatible preferable so I don't lose my progress on the games I have.

Thanks!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I take 6 a day now for my ailments..... You know it’s all going downhill now.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Samsung or Ipad, I'm not sure most other companies are really bothering anymore.

I'm still got a Huwaei which at the time was the best on the market. I'll get a Samsung next time.

I love my Microsoft Surface but use it as a light weight laptop. Windows doesn't work as a tablet experience so stay well clear.

Hendrax

Jan 23, 2013
Worthing
We got our daughter the Tab A for her birthday in September.

No tablet gets anywhere near it on price to performance. The number 1 mid range tablet on the market.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
We got our daughter the Tab A for her birthday in September.

No tablet gets anywhere near it on price to performance. The number 1 mid range tablet on the market.

Yeah I got it for my 2 girls with a quality case its brilliant

Ive got the 2016 model which is also banging good

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Avoid Amazon Fire! How many other tablets are incompatible with Google Play? And various apps?

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
You can get Google Play on a fire but not worth the hassle.

Yeah, I've done it a couple of times, but it's tricky and I'm not convinced I get all the updates. I've also found a few apps that are hobbled by custom mods to the operating system, so it's not fully Android compatible.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here