Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Priti Patel bullies staff and gets away scot free

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
I’ve worked for a few private sector companies (construction) in the past, where management by fear was the norm. There was no one to run crying to, so we just got on with it, not knowing if we would have a job at the end of each month.Even when running my own company (co owned) there was another Director, suffering from little man syndrome, who took pleasure in intimidating any staff that wouldn’t kiss his arse. Got sick of it, so sold my shares and moved on.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Surprise surprise, no mention of the damning bullying report or Johnson's overuling of the findings on the front pages of the usual Tory rags. The Torygraph, Mail, Express and Stun all prefer to lead with the " scandal" of how a famous dead woman may have been coerced in to giving an inverview long ago or the fact that Christmas is possibly " Saved"

I suppose we will have to wait 30 years for The Mail to dish the dirt that Johnson tried to get an indipendant inquiry report softened or " liberalised" and when that failed he merely overruled its findings?

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Barnard Castle all over again. No regard for the rules and make up some bullshit that absolutely no one believes to cover it up. We all know thier poundland Republican methods and we've got at least 4 more of it sadly. Other than that :

1. Referring to PP as "The prittster" makes me want to through up. Just imagine what nauseating nicknames Cummings and the likes of Lee Cain had for each other? "Get me the Cum Meister on the phone" They come across like the bellend in the pub that tells you about his new car and fantastic wage that everyone wants to punch in the face and no one wants to talk to.
2. If you are bullied by someone who can't pronounce her Gs you have plenty of ammo to go back with.

Jimmy Grimble

Sets a great example during Anti-Bullying week.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
not really, loads of people have been shouted at while at work , try shouting back ???
regards
DF

Stupid, fatuous comment, as one might expect.

Shouting at people isn't a way to develop good working relationships - more a way of encouraging them to try and sabotage what you're doing........ not that a career civil servant would do that.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Surprise surprise, no mention of the damning bullying report or Johnson's overuling of the findings on the front pages of the usual Tory rags. The Torygraph, Mail, Express and Stun all prefer to lead with the " scandal" of how a famous dead woman may have been coerced in to giving an inverview long ago or the fact that Christmas is possibly " Saved"

I suppose we will have to wait 30 years for The Mail to dish the dirt that Johnson tried to get an indipendant inquiry report softened or " liberalised" and when that failed he merely overruled its findings?

Chill out Veg, football is back [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Apologies if fixtures.

Boris set up a tribunal. The person charged found her guilty. Boris dismisses the findings. Person charged with running the tribunal resigns.

Nothing to see here.

Imagine the boot on the other foot.....

Labour charged with antisemitism. Tribunal says 'yes'. Corbyn says OK but it's not a big deal. Starmer says 'you're OK mate'.

The gammon would have been all over it (even though they have no time for the 'Israelites' themselves)

Nice to see Labour perched on the higher ground. I'm content I rejoined the party after Starmer got in and started to make his mark.

I expect JCFG and others have a mountain of whataboutery to thow at me now. Fire away. I'll put you all on ignore :shrug:

Agree totally...... even to the extent that I have recently joined the Labour Party - further encouraged by the fact that Starmer has not returned the whip to Corbyn after his readmission to the party. He's doing the RIGHT thing. A man of principle in politics? Surely not.

And like you I wouldn't be surprised to get some whataboutery......

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Bullied for writing a damning report on bullying.
Stay classy.

[tweet]1329899941578280962[/tweet]

Shame on anyone trying to look at this sympathetically.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
They're a disgrace. Capable civil servant spends x months producing report, interviewing the key figures, and comes to the conclusion that the Home Secretary has bullied staff. Boris Bannon dismisses that, defending the bully, causing the capable civil servant to do the honourable (remember that?) thing and resign...

...Meanwhile this is a welcome distraction from leadership rival's decision (and leadership bid) to freeze the pay of the entire public sector -- bar NHS staff, because the public (that's you, whoever's reading) might be a tad peeved by that. What's worse is that the justification offered is that the private sector has suffered during lockdown, and that the public sector really deserves to catch up with it. This conveniently neglects that:
-- this is precisely the argument launched a decade ago
-- the public sector have had a decade -- that's ten years for the arithmetically-challenged -- of pay cuts
-- the private sector has had pay rises in the past decade
-- the public sector -- previously cast as frontline workers -- have been working during lockdown, on the whole
-- a significant proportion of the private sector have had their feet up on furlough, the cost of which will be borne by the public sector, just to assist the leadership bid of the richest man in the Commons

Utter disgrace. I suspect it'll be ignored by those in the private sector, who will start bleating if the public sector has the temerity to withdraw their labour.

I agree with some of your post but I do object to you pitting private sector vs public sector. I've highlighted one point that is a fallacy. Swathes of the private sector have not had pay rises in the last ten years. My only pay rise came from changing jobs. Equally many people have been made redundant - myself three times. Covid has had a disproportionate affect on the private sector over the public sector - a huge amount of redundancies for example. My company has frozen any pay rises as well. I'm currently hiring engineers and 90% of the CVs I get are from people made redundant in the last six months - all private sector. And for the record there are millions of private sector employees that have also been working during lockdown. Finally the cost of furlough will not "be borne by the public sector" - it will be borne by every tax payer and that includes the private sector.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Sad thing is, it's all so predictable. Patel is an odious turd of a human who has floated to the top by being a nasty, thick bully.

Why should she change her MO when she gets a big job in government, knowing that her "boss" is a spineless chancer who needs low intelligence yessers to keep HIM in his job (which is all he cares about)?

Johnson lying and attempting a cover up is even less surprising than Patel's actions......

If anyone has any doubt about how stupid and downright evil she actually is, have a look at this (it's always worth repeating). She literally condones the murder of innocent people, has zero argument and waffles some utter crap. Hislop is a genius of course, but he barely moves out of 1st gear to DESTROY her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DrsVhzbLzU&ab_channel=CaptainSoul

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here