Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] OK - so how many NSCers have an Electric car

Who on here has an Electric car?

• Total voters

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Seems quite a few have or will have shortly.

Confess to not being anywhere near ready personally but accept I am very old school about cars.

Maybe let us know model and thoughts. Anyone have regrets? I’m thinking probably not if you’ve taken the plunge.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I'm due to change my car in apx 30 months time and I'm pretty certain my next one will be electric. Four things hold me back at the moment: cost, battery technology, range and paucity of charging points around the country. In 2.5 years time the costs should have come down to a reasonable level, battery tech should have advanced, the range of electric motors should be comparable with or better than fossil fuelled vehicles and the government will have installed a decent network of accessible charging points nationwide. It should be a no-brainer.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
I think we will consider it next time we replace our cars but that's probably another 2 and 3 years. I know it's greener and cheaper to run, but the thing that really puts me off is that they are all Automatics. That's not real driving :down:

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
TWO, that's two recharging points in Storrington for a population of 5,000 plus, most of whom drive/share cars.

It is just bollocks at present and I'm glad I will not be driving in a few years time.

Hopefully there will be some old fashioned Petrol for my CBR...

AK74

Bright-eyed. Bushy-tailed. GSOH.
NSC Patreon
Jan 19, 2010
If this counts, the answer's 'yes'.

c1238_street_cars_layout.jpg

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Just not doing the miles anymore especially with no BHA games, some way to go until the 200k mileage changeover

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I was due to get one this Mar / Apr, given the news I may hold off 12-18 months and see if prices do come down as much as people say.

Seems to me one mainstream manufacturer will break ranks and produce a load in the hope they can get the price down enough to create demand?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
TWO, that's two recharging points in Storrington for a population of 5,000 plus, most of whom drive/share cars.

It is just bollocks at present and I'm glad I will not be driving in a few years time.

Hopefully there will be some old fashioned Petrol for my CBR...

There are people in Storrington that have installed private recharging points. In a year or so they'll be an App that you can use to search for nearest private one and pay a fee to re-charge as well as, as you say, public ones.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Not yet, probably the car after next.

For the size of car we need plus some fussiness on gadgets, I'm not prepared to pay the huge monthly hire charges required on the electric car equivalent.

Next time around hopefully sale prices would've fallen, the choice wider and all electric cars might truly be environmental. I have friends with high powered hybrids where the cars rarely kick into electric mode, they get through petrol as before, yet they are classified as very low CO2 models = very low taxes and other other tax benefits.

Last edited:

D

Deleted member 2719

I have a battery powered leaf blower.
A car can wait for another decade.
I wonder how many of the electric car guys are still going to spew tons of carbon out each year on planes?

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
I'm due to change my car in apx 30 months time and I'm pretty certain my next one will be electric. Four things hold me back at the moment: cost, battery technology, range and paucity of charging points around the country. In 2.5 years time the costs should have come down to a reasonable level, battery tech should have advanced, the range of electric motors should be comparable with or better than fossil fuelled vehicles and the government will have installed a decent network of accessible charging points nationwide. It should be a no-brainer.

Except the government appear to have pushed this bit onto local authorities, many of which, when questioned said they currently have no plans to roll out mass charging points.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here