Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Anywhere local to get football memorabilia valued?

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
I have recently been given a bag of old Albion memorabilia and been asked if I can check if any of it has any value. Is there anyone in the Brighton/Hove area that values this kind of stuff?

The thing that stands out the most is a limited edition plaque from our first game in Division 1 of the Football League vs Arsenal. It is number 0046, but no idea how many were actually made. Has quite a few memorable names on the plaque.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
I have recently been given a bag of old Albion memorabilia and been asked if I can check if any of it has any value. Is there anyone in the Brighton/Hove area that values this kind of stuff?

The thing that stands out the most is a limited edition plaque from our first game in Division 1 of the Football League vs Arsenal. It is number 0046, but no idea how many were actually made. Has quite a few memorable names on the plaque.

I have one of those. I doubt it’s worth anything.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Pre 1950 and it might be worth something decent

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Went up in the loft earlier and found my signed ball from around 1984. Bids start at £10000.

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
I doubt any kind of Brighton memorabilia is worth anything, unless it's so rare and exceptional that it would for a very specific reason appeal to football fans all around the world.

It's more likely that recent stuff, eg. signed shirts of current players, are worth more than anything historic.
I thought as much. Might just pinch all the good stuff for my own collection.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

Any pin badges?

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
Any pin badges?
Not that I noticed but I haven't been through it all yet. If I find any, I'll let you know.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I went up into my loft earlier as well. I found boxes and boxes of John Lennon memorabilia, am going to sell it all on EBay - Imagine all the PayPal !!

If you look on EBay for Lennon memorabilia sellers you'll find you're not the only one. Imagine all those people!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I thought as much. Might just pinch all the good stuff for my own collection.

Profiteering and theft in one thread. Classic :lolol:

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

One sold at the BHACHS Collectors' Fair (and auction) in December 2004 for £30:-

1234.jpg

A year later, one sold for £10:-

12342.jpg

According to the programme for the League Cup match against Cambridge United on August 28 1979, there were 1,000 produced:-

12345.jpg

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I went up into my loft earlier as well. I found boxes and boxes of John Lennon memorabilia, am going to sell it all on EBay - Imagine all the PayPal !!

Taking lots of fees. Oooh ooh, oooh oh oh. You may say they are swindlers. But they're not the only ones.

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
I doubt any kind of Brighton memorabilia is worth anything, unless it's so rare and exceptional that it would for a very specific reason appeal to football fans all around the world.

It's more likely that recent stuff, eg. signed shirts of current players, are worth more than anything historic.

I’m no expert but I suspect that’s the right answer .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here