Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] The Diana interview scandal...

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Whatever one’s take on the Royals, do we really need to rake over this muck from twenty plus years ago. It’s of zero consequence and frankly, the country has far more pressing matters to attend to.
Thoughts?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-54996143

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Whatever one’s take on the Royals, do we really need to rake over this muck from twenty plus years ago. It’s of zero consequence and frankly, the country has far more pressing matters to attend to.
Thoughts?

I'm not overly bothered but I suspect that if Diana had been a member of my family I would be.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
My thoughts entirely. We all have more critical things to worry about.

Whatever the truth of the matter we all know that Diana was a great manipulator of the press so if the tables were ever turned so what? Live by the sword and die by it. Her death was undoubtedly tragic but trying to portray her as some saint like victim is wrong.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

Whatever the truth of the matter we all know that Diana was a great manipulator of the press so if the tables were ever turned so what? Live by the sword and die by it. Her death was undoubtedly tragic but trying to portray her as some saint like victim is wrong.

Quite. If she hadn’t been so keen to court publicity she may have thought to carry out due diligence. She’s no victim here.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
The obsession some have for this woman is pathetic.

I of course have sympathy for her and her family but stone me, let it go.

m@goo

Feb 20, 2020
It's just another bit of escapism for some I suppose. All conspiracy theories are.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Thoughts?

Waste of time, effort and money, the only ones interested are Daily Express readers

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Oooooh someone doesn't read the Daily Express. :lol:

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

I am no lover of the Royal Family but of course she was a Victim.

She was Utilised because the Establishment back then were insistent that the Mother of any future King had to be a Virgin because they didn't want past Lovers further down the line coming out of the woodwork saying ''I've shaggged the Queen'' . And she fitted the Bill perfectly at that time. If I was her as soon as Prince Charles said he wasn't in love with her the night before their wedding- I would have shut my legs and said ''Candy Store is closed honey''.

As for opening it all up now. Waste of time. She got her own back by doing the interview but it serves no purpose except to get Corona Virus off the Front Page of Newspapers

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Ive not been paying close enough attention by why has this come up now?

It's a chance to use the slavish devotion of a certain proportion of the UK public to the memory of Saint Diana to help advance the anti-BBC agenda of some of the wealthiest media owners.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Ive not been paying close enough attention by why has this come up now?

It is alleged that Martin Bashir enticed Diana into gobbing off by showing her some sort of document that he'd fabricated.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
It's not just Diana and nor are they recent allegations. Terry Venables was accusing Bashir/ Panorama of using fake documents relating to the investigation into his financial dealings as far back as 1996, the date of this article....
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.in...tants-back-bbc-forgery-claim-1304368.html?amp

He's also now seeking answers from the BBC.

I'm not remotely royalist and never had the slightest interest in Diana or for that matter any sympathy for her. I was in fact very cynical about her like most on here, but I think the methods Bashir used were really irresponsible.

It wasn't just the matter of faking documents it was the other implications of playing on her emotional insecurities and vulnerabilities and making her believe that people close to her were spying on her and that her phone was bugged etc.

It's hard for us to appreciate how isolated she must have felt in that environment so I suppose her manipulation of the press was a necessary means of getting people on side. It shouldn't be underestimated the impact all this had on her mental health. It's only now that I have started to appreciate the difficult position she was in where it was basically her against the whole Royal Family who were just interested in protecting their public image. I think it was irresponsible of Bashir to exploit her insecurities and emotional and psychological vulnerabilities by telling her lies which would have exacerbated her fragile psychological state.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Quite. If she hadn’t been so keen to court publicity she may have thought to carry out due diligence. She’s no victim here.

Hmmm .... an innocent 19 year old ( really only a child ) persuaded to marry a 32 year old Prince and join an historic institution ..... all while that Prince was having an affair with the person he really loved ? Unfair to say she wasn't a victim. I suspect she leaned to play the system after gaining some experience.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Or the Mail?

I think that's a bit unfair [MENTION=33848]The Clamp[/MENTION]. I reckon he would rather the media just fukken let his long dead mother lie, and lie in peace.

Yes, I think you're probably right. Probably not the greatest idea for he and Wills to give interviews and comment on it then. If it were me, I'd give it no oxygen. Who knows, not my Mother , not my life. What do I know.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Personally I'm delighted there is so little going on in the UK at this moment in time that this is deemed news

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
someone raising smoke screen to suggest that 'Royals' can be duped into given interviews and that evidence can be fabricated mmmm...what else is going on that might need screening , I wonder

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
someone raising smoke screen to suggest that 'Royals' can be duped into given interviews and that evidence can be fabricated mmmm...what else is going on that might need screening , I wonder

If you read the article it is Charles Spencer who has raised all this again as it would appear that he was the one who was allegedly duped into persuading Diana to do the interview. Don't think he is the first person that springs to mind who would willingly do the Royals Family's bidding.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here