Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Nations League: England V Iceland

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
Couldn't see a thread on this at all. Is anyone bothering to watch? I usually watch the England team when they play, but tbh my football mojo is very low, even for The Albion. Still haven't decided whether to watch it tonight or not.

Could the apparent lack of interest in this game (Dead rubber, No Fans, Disappointment in the Belgium game etc) also be true of the Premier League? I certainly feel myself struggling to maintain the same passion for all things football atm

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Another dull selection.

Want Southgate gone now

You have Kane/Sterling/Rashford/Sancho/Grealish/Ings/Calvert Lewin among others and we keep picking negative teams.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Excellent - Grealish is starting. Let's hope he gets a mild injury that keeps him out on Saturday.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Can't believe Kane has to play again this break, this is going to ruin my Fantasy Football chances.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Another dull selection.

Want Southgate gone now

You have Kane/Sterling/Rashford/Sancho/Grealish/Ings/Calvert Lewin among others and we keep picking negative teams.

Couple of injuries in that lot.

Iceland have let key players go. Can't see why he would put out the best available anyway.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Southgate is actually an even bigger idiot than I thought. We are already out playing the worst team in our group in a dead rubber and he puts out the same faces. This is going to teach him nothing while alienating the rest of the squad and the club managers who's goodwill he needs...

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Southgate is actually an even bigger idiot than I thought. We are already out playing the worst team in our group in a dead rubber and he puts out the same faces. This is going to teach him nothing while alienating the rest of the squad and the club managers who's goodwill he needs...

Kane a case in point, nothing to prove against Iceland !

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Saka was screaming in agony when fouled then. Ten seconds later in full spring lamb mode.

We English have caught up with the best of them.

I wonder if they coach the sound effects at EPL clubs, as well as the parachute rolls and turf slapping?

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I just don’t understand why we are playing 5 at the back, why can’t this tw*t Southgate adapt?

Eric Dier is our starting centre back ffs and we have RB Walker starting games at centre back. Literally all we have is a long diagonal ball to the wing back and set pieces, we make it so easy for teams to defend when really attacking should be our strong suit with the players we have.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It would be nice if Waistcoat W****r selected Bug-Eyed ASDA ad man.

I'd appreciate having a evening avoiding both tw*ts.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Couldn't see a thread on this at all. Is anyone bothering to watch? I usually watch the England team when they play, but tbh my football mojo is very low, even for The Albion. Still haven't decided whether to watch it tonight or not.

Could the apparent lack of interest in this game (Dead rubber, No Fans, Disappointment in the Belgium game etc) also be true of the Premier League? I certainly feel myself struggling to maintain the same passion for all things football atm

Yeah, I'm struggling to muster up any enthusiasm for football at the moment. I haven't watched anything since the Burnley match. I really couldn't give a s*** about the Nations League or international friendlies and I'm not even sure I'll watch the Villa match on Saturday as I'll probably be going out for a long run instead.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here