Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Parking for Royal Sussex Hospital.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
We most probably have to make numerous trips to the Royal Sussex County Hospital soon.
I know parking is a nightmare.
Please can you scholars recommend any other decent parking options nearby.

Much thanks in advance :thumbsup:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Not wishing to pry but if it’s for cancer treatment there’s a dedicated car park which you can get a permit for

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
There is on street parking but no coin payments, you may need the parking app for your phone.
Brighton Marina has a large multi story car park that is free, bus or walk to the hospital.

I wouldn’t bother trying to park in the hospital.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
We most probably have to make numerous trips to the Royal Sussex County Hospital soon.
I know parking is a nightmare.
Please can you scholars recommend any other decent parking options nearby.

Much thanks in advance :thumbsup:

Park for free near Wilson Avenue and get an Uber probably no more than a fiver each way and cheaper than parking plus get dropped to the door.

Edit just seen why you’re going, assuming the KU, get the driver to drop you in Upper Abbey Road and dart in that entrance

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
There is on street parking but no coin payments, you may need the parking app for your phone.
Brighton Marina has a large multi story car park that is free, bus or walk to the hospital.

I wouldn’t bother trying to park in the hospital.

Thank you :thumbsup:

Park for free near Wilson Avenue and get an Uber probably no more than a fiver each way and cheaper than parking plus get dropped to the door.

Edit just seen why you’re going, assuming the KU, get the driver to drop you in Upper Abbey Road and dart in that entrance

Cheers, that good advice :thumbsup:

AK74

Bright-eyed. Bushy-tailed. GSOH.
NSC Patron
Jan 19, 2010
My father recently spent 4 weeks in the RSCH from the end of September. I visited daily, using paid on-street parking on each occasion without having to make too many laps before finding a space. The nearest I parked was Abbey Road, the furthest Rock Street. The PayByPhone app made it easier, and the machines also issue tickets using a debit card. Be aware of the maximum permitted stay, as it varies from 2 hours to 4 hours depending on the location.

The queues for the hospital car park were horrendous, particularly Monday to Friday in the early to mid afternoon. There's also a huge amount of construction ongoing, which adds to the traffic congestion around the site.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
My father recently spent 4 weeks in the RSCH from the end of September. I visited daily, using paid on-street parking on each occasion without having to make too many laps before finding a space. The nearest I parked was Abbey Road, the furthest Rock Street. The PayByPhone app made it easier, and the machines also issue tickets using a debit card. Be aware of the maximum permitted stay, as it varies from 2 hours to 4 hours depending on the location.

The queues for the hospital car park were horrendous, particularly Monday to Friday in the early to mid afternoon. There's also a huge amount of construction ongoing, which adds to the traffic congestion around the site.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I suggest parking in the multi storey in the Marina and catching the 7 to the hospital. Don’t use the Asda car park.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
I've been visiting a lot lately. I found the bingo car park down the road very easy once you download the app albeit quite pricey. However since the 2nd lockdown NHS workers have been allowed to use it so it's been totally full. The upside to that is the hospital car park has therefore been quiet and easy to get into. So I'd probably go for that until lockdown finishes and then use the Bingo from then - its only a 10 min walk or so.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
My dad was on dialysis for years - there is probably a car service available which might be worth looking into if you haven't already. He was always collected from home and taken back afterwards (not in Sussex though and may be differences between Health Authorities).

Edit - some info here : https://www.scas.nhs.uk/our-services/non-emergency-patient-transport-service/

My FIL does dyalsis, 3 times a week at Bexhill, had a heart attack last night, taken to Eastbourne hospital and will be RSCH bound tomorrow.
So when we can, will visit soon.
All good fun :rolleyes:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I visited the hospital a couple of weeks ago for a colonoscopy, the queue for the car park was the worst ever stretching back to the hill and not moving. With pedantic security guards insisting that people couldn’t join it.

Thankfully I had a lift.

Parking on Marine Parade should give you plenty of pay spaces, a 5 or 10 minute walk to the hospital.

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016
My FIL does dyalsis, 3 times a week at Bexhill, had a heart attack last night, taken to Eastbourne hospital and will be RSCH bound tomorrow.
So when we can, will visit soon.
All good fun :rolleyes:

It may be a while before you can visit - https://www.bsuh.nhs.uk/your-visit/visiting/

Phone the switchboard - 01273 696955 - and talk to the ward once you find out where he ends up (I guess he will go to cardiac care rather than the kidney centre / dialysis unit).
Staff are pretty clued up about these kind of issues. Peronally, I would not plan to use the multi-storey on site, it is highly likely to be full. Others have made decent suggestions about parking.

Personally I would park in the main multi-storey at the Marina and walk, but weather, your age / fitness etc may change your opinion on whether that is a good idea or not. If you must try to go for the on-site multi-storey for whatever reason, plan to get there an hour or so before visiting times start, and go and have a coffee (several options on-site and nearby in St Georges Road, but it is a steep clinb back up the hill from there to both the cardiac and the kidney centres). The queues at 2pm can be awful.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

I have to visit regularly.

There is a car park at the hospital.

Screenshot 2020-11-18 192113.png

Go north up Bristol Gate and turn left onto North Road (basically a turn that leads into the hospital). Follow up, under the large canopy that separates the two buildings, the car park is down on the right. The car park is opposite the RACH.

There are two turnings off Bristol Gate. Make sure you take the correct one as the first is separated from the second by railings. The first leads to A & E.

It is much better and easier to use the car park.

However, it gets full during the day. The later you go the easier to get a space.

amexee

Jun 19, 2011
haywards heath
The parking on site is not fit for purpose. They keep building and adding services to a site without parking space. They could easily chuck a multi-storey in the grounds of PRH and stop moving services over to RSCH

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here