Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Rohan Ince

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
He is only 28. What went wrong?

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Had a lot of the attributes that suggested he could make it, but for me lacked one very important one in that he never really looked comfortable on the ball and calm in possession. Always seemed a bit panicky. Was great at getting about the pitch and winning the ball, but then looked just as likely to give it away again.

Bloody good goal against Swindon though!

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
I don't think his highly publicised court case, for smashing a bouncer over the head with a bottle, helped. I can remember at the time when he broke into the first team, Liverpool were reportedly interested. Incredible!

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
he definitely had something. He was such a natural athlete and I think had he worked harder on some of the technical attributes that he needed he would have been a very good player

as others had said, he never looked in any way comfortable in possession, BUT that could have been worked on, and with his insane physical attributes he wouldn't have had to have been THAT good on the ball....just a bit

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
His weak distribution may have been better covered-up if he’d stayed at centre back.
Not in a potter team, but a more agricultural team.

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
His weak distribution may have been better covered-up if he’d stayed at centre back.
Not in a potter team, but a more agricultural team.

midfield did expose his lack of composure on the ball, BUT his poor heading ability and lack of positional sense would have been an issue at the back

his main skill was rampaging around the pitch and putting in crunching tackles using his telescopic treetrunk legs

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Feel a little sorry for him. When he first played he was great, then went off the boil and never recovered.

Liverpool were watching him and that tackle on Sanchez vs Arsenal......

Had a few personal issues I believe, which couldn’t have helped

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Players develop at different rates. He peaked early.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Brighton progressed faster than he did once CH came to the Club. He got left behind.

If he had been good enough he would have survived the " Cull" - Plenty others did like Dunk, Bruno, Baldock, March and Calderon.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I thought he was a decent prospect who was harmed by the way the club was being run. This was the "shoe-string era" under Burke and although he played about 60 times in 2 seasons, I think it came a bit too early for him on account of the fact that we were signing dross like Gary Gardner as opposed to Beram Kayal.

In more recent times, he'd have spent more time out on loan to help his progression before going into the first team. He had no games under his belt (well 2 at Yeovil) before being thrown into a decent Championship side (Garcia) and then an awful one (Hyypia). Whether it would have made much of a difference? Who knows? But I think he was one of a number of youngsters that didn't benefit from our set up at the time.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I thought he might have had a Carlton Palmer gangly career but maybe put on too much muscle?

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
He was never a good player. Keith Andrews was brilliant that season for us, he played midfield on his own. He had JFC and Ince with him but despite that, we made the play-offs and he was the player still putting in 100% in the second half of that second leg thrashing at Derby.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here