Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Kids replica kits

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Regardless of the "they've got to make profit" and "if you don't like it, don't buy it" arguments.

Can we all agree that if a six year old wants a Brighton kit with a players name on the back, it should not cost EIGHTY SEVEN POUNDS.

The last sentence is the crux of it.

Adult tops are expensive but at least they will last years. I don’t buy them anymore as I would never wear it but could justify the cost if I wanted due to the use I’d get. I think I’ve got every replica top I’ve ever bought still. You’re also usually buying one for yourself or for a gift for someone but with kids you might be doing it 2/3/4 times in one hit depending on the size of your family.

The other thing is no self respecting adult is going to buy the full kit but as a kid, you want the whole thing to look like your hero so that’s another £33 alone for 6 year old shorts and socks. And if you’ve got more than one child who wants the kit, double or triple that etc. It’s a total racket.

I appreciate there are bigger issues around at the moment but this sort of thing is actually important to kids and therefore the long term appeal of the club to these future generations of fans/customers. It’s hard enough affording to take them to games in the first place these days.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
What really annoys me is that the adult and kids kits are the same price as there is no VAT on kids clothes.
Total scandal but if you want to know why this happens then just look at the ‘why can’t we pay a striker £100k a week’ threads.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Charging £87 is outrageous, young kids obviously want to wear the full kit, my lads had kits but during the Withdean years and before Nike came along, I’m sure the Errea kits were not silly money.
After reading this thread I asked Mrs BN9 to guess the price of a kit with name and number for a six year old, she said approximately £50, she’s also shocked by the £87 price tag.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
FYI Brighton’s replica kits are actually towards the lower end of the PL pricing when compared to the other clubs in the PL . I’m not saying they are cheap but there are many dearer kits out there .

The problem is most of the kids you see wearing the big 6 clubs kits have bought them for about 20 euros while on hold in the canaries / Italy / Turkey etc as there are so many replicas of the big clubs . Illegal of course but still happening .

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Leaving aside the crazy pricing, Premier League clubs are getting an easy ride changing home kit EVERY season these days.

elninobonito

Whitehawk Born and Bred
May 27, 2011
If only they gave away a Free shirt at let's say 7 years old, maybe the parents would feel duty-bound to buy their kids shirts, games and everything related to the Albion for decades.

Just an idea.

I'm guessing from your sarcasm the club actually does this then? My boy is 7 in August, how do you get the shirt for them?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Isn't it indicative of the cost of EVERYTHING to do with football/the PL? Look at the player salaries, the broadcast rights deals, the programmes, the food, sports channel subscriptions, the tickets themselves!

The Junior Bobkins have grown out of the replica kit phase but, like I do with many other things, looked at it from a 'cost per use' point of view. The shirts were often their most worn items – on match days, playing football in the park or the garden or just generally, including home clothes days at school. From that point of view, they got their money's worth.

I'm not saying they are not expensive – they clearly are WAY overpriced for what they are – but if they are going to wear them more than, say, a £30 sweatshirt, it softens the blow. For me, anyway :shrug:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'm guessing from your sarcasm the club actually does this then? My boy is 7 in August, how do you get the shirt for them?

Kids that were in the Seagulls Club did get a free shirt for their 7th birthday but Mouldy didn’t bother until it was too late, for his daughter. He threw a strop with the club, and holds a grudge.

D

Deleted member 2719

Nice :fishing:

Kids that were in the Seagulls Club did get a free shirt for their 7th birthday but Mouldy didn’t bother until it was too late, for his daughter. He threw a strop with the club, and holds a grudge.

You're a bit outdated, as I have stated how I have let Barber off the hook on this one, as it was only right to. I am sure he heard my customer feedback and digested it and will act with more empathy in the future, if needed with his customers.

But you wouldn't let it lie..............................

https://youtu.be/0vECGh9hY68?t=34

*pulls up chair, checks cupboard for pringles

Mate, I bet your Pringles have gone stale by now.:lolol:

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
The club used to send a voucher ahead of a 7-year-old's birthday. In these Covid times, they post a shirt...

:albion2: :albion2: :albion2:

elninobonito

Whitehawk Born and Bred
May 27, 2011
Grandson has already grown out of his free shirt in 6 months want the new kit....Can say no as he wants to support BHA in Swindon.......FINGERS CROSSED FOR BLACK FRIDAY OFFERS.

I don't believe I have seen any Nike kit offers since we went to Nike, apart from ST holder discounted days and AMEX card holder days.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I don't believe I have seen any Nike kit offers since we went to Nike, apart from ST holder discounted days and AMEX card holder days.

IIIRC, there have been shirt offers during the "12 days of Xmas" promo in December.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I know this is an age old thing that’s been gone over many times before, but I’ve just experienced again how criminal the price of kids replica kits really are.

My 6, nearly 7, year old has asked for the new away kit for Christmas. I’m absolutely gutted that I’m not going to be getting it for him though as it would cost £75! That is absolute, daylight robbery.

My 4 year old wants the home kit - £42 - still ridiculous but more palatable than £75 for a 6 year olds kit, unbelievable. The clubs and kit suppliers, or whoever’s responsible for the pricing really should be ashamed of themselves.

Edit: just noticed, he wanted White - 3 - on the back, if I’d done that as well it would have been £87! I’m staggered.

Imagine how much it cost when my son wanted the full green/black kit with "Mackail-Smith, 12" on the back. :ohmy:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here