On the Beach
Genuinely no idea if top left in the red is male or female

I thought it was Bobby Gillespie....

2primalscre_465_397_int.jpg

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I was just reading about the Unabomber and then this thread resurfaced.

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
More awful news from the Beeb, Paxman is stepping down as host.

I wish him, and the show, all the very best for the future.

This. Not entirely unexpected. He was getting noticeably slower in reading the questions, which I think was driving the scores down a bit. Despite that, he embodied the show and I hope the BBC find someone of suitable stature to take over.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
This. Not entirely unexpected. He was getting noticeably slower in reading the questions, which I think was driving the scores down a bit. Despite that, he embodied the show and I hope the BBC find someone of suitable stature to take over.
Totally agree.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I’m curious to see if the Beeb go with another old white man or try and shake things up a bit with someone more diverse. My money is on diverse.

I am rather glad Paxman is going though. Everything he does is all about him. Especially with his political/news work. In my opinion, he never gets the balance right between being assertive and being rude. Mostly he just ended up playing a pantomime version of himself, whether he got to the truth or not.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Ray Winstone or Alan Carr for me, but yes, Stephen Fry is surely a shoe-in, unless they decide to risk having...a woman!!!!!!

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Stephen Fry?

I think we could all do without another platform for Master Fry to name-drop and regale us all with smug tales of his wonderful life, darling.

My vote for new host goes to Victoria Coren-Mitchell.

I just checked out of curiosity, Paxman hosted for 27 years! I didn’t realise it was that long. Thought it was about 10.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Stephen Fry was apparently first choice when the show was brought back but turned it down, whereupon it was offered to Paxo.

VC-M would be my choice.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here