Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] University Challenge

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I must admit to enjoying the odd show but tonight is a record as 7 of the 8 contestants look like serial killers.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We always used to play 'who's still a virgin?'

During the introductions you had to play the 'v card' but obviously there's a large amount of danger about going too early or late.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Read this and thought .... one of the teams has to be Warwick.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I must admit to enjoying the odd show but tonight is a record as 7 of the 8 contestants look like serial killers.

:ohmy:

I've just switched over to have a peek. I think you may be right. Is this a new one? Whats with the clothes? It looks like the 80's!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
As a matter of interest, which one wasn't?

I’m sure you’re too modest to mention it, but you were on the winning team on University Challenge on many occasions. I won’t mention your nickname though. :blush:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Wife and I remarked similarly tonight, not serial killers, more 'how on earth do you get such a high concentration of fugly people time and time again?' They all look like they stepped out of a gary larson cartoon.

Be great to be that intelligent but it seemingly comes at a price!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I’m sure you’re too modest to mention it, but you were on the winning team on University Challenge on many occasions. I won’t mention your nickname though. :blush:

I was actually thinking: which one of us would have been called the serial killer?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I was actually thinking: which one of us would have been called the serial killer?

Do you have a photo? Then we can judge.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I'm more worried about Paxman

Pax.JPG

el punal

In the early 1970s the University of Sussex we’re participating in a round of U.C. In those days the “away” team had to trog off to the host uni where the event would be televised. In this case the hosts were Keele University up there in deepest Staffordshire. The story goes that Sussex hired a coach for the journey and those involved piled on accompanied by copious numbers of crates of beer. Much booze was drunk by the time the coach arrived at Keele.

When the contest began Sussex won the first starter for ten and answered the the three bonus questions correctly. All good, all going well? Nope! The booze kicked in and our pissed up Sussex students failed to answer another question in the quiz.
This incident caused so much outrage that many letters of “disgust” and “horror” were sent to the local papers, presumably, from people who had never been on a long coach trip without a few tinnies to ease the rigours of the journey.

The upshot of the whole episode was that Sussex were not invited back to University Challenge for some years. Bravo Sussex, you did the county proud! :drink::bowdown:

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
As a matter of interest, which one wasn't?

A question that should never be answered as it will put them in mortal danger, it's akin to when younger I was hitch hiking at night and a Lorry stopped, I climbed in and a we drove with only the dashboard lights in silence for several miles then the driver broke the silence said aren't you worried hitch hiking that I might be a serial killer.............. I laughed...... Then several more silent miles.......... Until the driver said why did you laugh.............. Well I said when you said was I not worried that you might be a serial killer I found it amusing as I thought what's the chances of two in the same Lorry

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here