Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] A record 16 positive tests in Premier League last week

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
For Covid-19, that is.

And that number doesn't inc Salah and other internationals who are/were away...

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
For Covid-19, that is.

And that number doesn't inc Salah and other internationals who are/were away...

It is almost impossible to avoid. They are travelling on planes and staying in hotels and coming into contact with workers on those airlines and hotels who are coming into contact with so many other people. At least they are getting tested and self isolating fairly quickly but ultimately, there is no way of knowing whether they passed it on again. Difficult balancing act.

I think the Football being back has helped keep a lot of people in this country and around the World ''Sane'' even if it is only on TV.

Apparently it is extremely difficult Managing / Coaching and trying to work around the Rules and Regulations but they are very tight and rigorous and for the most part adhered to around the Clubs. It's just when the players and staff leave the Clubs that there is no control.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
It is almost impossible to avoid. They are travelling on planes and staying in hotels and coming into contact with workers on those airlines and hotels who are coming into contact with so many other people. At least they are getting tested and self isolating fairly quickly but ultimately, there is no way of knowing whether they passed it on again. Difficult balancing act.

I think the Football being back has helped keep a lot of people in this country and around the World ''Sane'' even if it is only on TV.

Apparently it is extremely difficult Managing / Coaching and trying to work around the Rules and Regulations but they are very tight and rigorous and for the most part adhered to around the Clubs. It's just when the players and staff leave the Clubs that there is no control.
The control should be that there should be no cross border travel for any sport during a worldwide pandemic.

Incredible to me that it's still happening.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
MP's over here getting if frequently now and apparently lots of Trump's security staff too.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017

I agree it's good for people's sanity that football is continuing, but imo it's utterly ridiculous that internationals have gone ahead - that no-one gives a fvck about anyway - in the current climate. Especially 3 games in a week ffs. :ffsparr:

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I agree it's good for people's sanity that football is continuing, but imo it's utterly ridiculous that internationals have gone ahead - that no-one gives a fvck about anyway - in the current climate. Especially 3 games in a week ffs. :ffsparr:

I agree. Two weeks of internationals has been two weeks without football in my world and frankly made lockdown harder. Belgium v England pfft- don't give a sh1t

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Considering we’re in the middle of a pa....oh forget it, it’s been said a thousand times. But it’s true.

Add to the fact the players have been all over the place for the past 6 months, no proper pre-season. Euros next year. Just F off the nations league and friendlies, we don’t NEED it. Why it carried on, I don’t know.

Just causing more Covid cases, and more injuries.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

I don't disagree with you about the International matches .

Next Year's Euros should have been cancelled. They pushed them back from last year and committed to playing them next year. Once they did that then they had committed to playing these matches .

That was a mistake in my opinion. We could have lived without a Tournament next year and just had the next one in 3 years time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here