Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Should Lewis Hamilton be knighted?

Should Lewis Hamilton be knighted?

• Total voters

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
We can only deal with facts, not race motivated innuendo.

LH pays full UK taxes on his UK earnings. Mercedes Benz Grand Prix Limited are a UK based company, so not a hint of tax avoidance and they employ LH on reportedly £40m a year. He'd pay about 45% of that in tax and NI, so £18m.

Then because he's an overseas resident living in a tax haven, as are many British sporting and arts stars, they/he may well be paying no or a very low rate of tax on their non-UK worldwide income. I've not heard a politician yet, even your mates Corbyn/McDonnell, say that Brits residing overseas should be forced home or be compelled to pay UK taxes when they don't reside here. It wouldn't stand up in any court.

In just laughed so hard I nearly doubled the size of my hernia. Well, I guess if Das Reich can conflate a black man with tax dodging then why not conflate an old racist with a pair of dodgy commie antisemites. :bowdown: :lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
So your response is basically "I will keep being racist and am justified being racist because some black people are marxist?"
**** me your stupidity knows no bounds.

He's a trained antimarxist, don'cha know ???

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
BLM has two definitions.

The organisation you’re referring to, imho in part discredited with far left politics and the defund the police crap. With some shit stirrers trying to make out things are as bad here as in the US, ironically stoking up division.

Then the wider movement, with a great motive, lacking aggressive militancy and beginning to make real change happen. Keeping the wider public on side.

You are wasting your breath. In answer to a question I asked him about his 'trained communists' quip, recently, he directed me to a fake news web page funded by Russia. The level of dishonesty that Das Reich uses to justify his jolly old boy racism is breath-taking. I did give him a chance, since one poster on here tells me he's a 'good bloke', but one thing I cannot tolerate is people knowingly using false information to promote their agenda. Especially when their agenda is nothing more than racism. Pathetic. He's back on ignore.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
You are wasting your breath. In answer to a question I asked him about his 'trained communists' quip, recently, he directed me to a fake news web page funded by Russia. The level of dishonesty that Das Reich uses to justify his jolly old boy racism is breath-taking. I did give him a chance, since one poster on here tells me he's a 'good bloke', but one thing I cannot tolerate is people knowingly using false information to promote their agenda. Especially when their agenda is nothing more than racism. Pathetic. He's back on ignore.

He, The Daily Mail and many others love the dumb “Defund The Police” anarchists.

Plays right into their hands.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Went into the office today and missed 6 pages :lolol:

From NSCs finest, Jackie Stewart deserved one, Hamilton doesn’t. From Jackie Stewart, Hamilton absolutely deserves one.

The tax line, well batted away by [MENTION=21158]Weststander[/MENTION]. I wonder if [MENTION=3166]keaton[/MENTION], [MENTION=11191]Pretty pink fairy[/MENTION], [MENTION=15363]Plooks[/MENTION] use Amazon, Starbucks, Google, Facebook, have an ISA etc.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Went into the office today and missed 6 pages :lolol:

From NSCs finest, Jackie Stewart deserved one, Hamilton doesn’t. From Jackie Stewart, Hamilton absolutely deserves one.

The tax line, well batted away by [MENTION=21158]Weststander[/MENTION]. I wonder if [MENTION=3166]keaton[/MENTION], [MENTION=11191]Pretty pink fairy[/MENTION], [MENTION=15363]Plooks[/MENTION] use Amazon, Starbucks, Google, Facebook, have an ISA etc.

.... pay a garage or builder cash in hand.
[MENTION=15363]Plooks[/MENTION] is alright, he’s battling the racism against LH.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Don't you dare lump me in with that racist idiot. I have no problem with a Hamilton knighthood. He is the best by far at what he does and stands up for good causes.
The abuse he gets from the press and certain parts of the population is similar to that received by Sterling and Rashford - it is not hard to spot the theme. Imagine the vitriol if Gazza was black!? Instead he is portrayed as a lovable rogue with "deamons" or something in a sympathetic manner.

Apologies. Actually i wasn't trying to insinuate that to any of you, I was trying to respond to six pages on the tax Issue, and probably a bit indiscriminately

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Of course I didn't expect a 100% landslide either way, but I've been on this board for 15 years now and I've seen enough of these threads myself to suspect that skin colour might have a part to play despite the objections. I'm sure you'd agree that 15 years is enough time to see a rather large sample size, no?

i guess so ....my opinion is that this is not a bad board in that regard (racism) there are the obvious few who have issues with colour and certain religions but that is normal , in my opinion.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
He, The Daily Mail and many others love the dumb “Defund The Police” anarchists.

Plays right into their hands.

TBF there is a big difference between the slogan ‘defund the police’ as used by some demonstrators and the concept of switching funding from the police to mental health and social work. Ironically the aim of defunding the American police is merely to bring their public services more into line with the UK model where supporting the vulnerable is seen as more effective than waiting until they offend then prosecuting. There are large corporate interests in the US of A who wouldn’t want to see the likely consequent reduction in cheap Labour/prison population.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Interesting conclusion to the Anton Ferdinand programme on last night with the FA trying to say all the right things but wouldn’t release a copy of their code re dealing with complaints of racism. The Kick it Out leader also seemed frustrated by not being allowed to get involved in cases until any subsequent enquiries had been completed by the FA. It seems that as they are funded by the FA and Premier League they look to keep their heads below the parapet. Not the best advert for diversity nor dealing with this stuff in an open manner.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Don't you dare lump me in with that racist idiot. I have no problem with a Hamilton knighthood. He is the best by far at what he does and stands up for good causes.
The abuse he gets from the press and certain parts of the population is similar to that received by Sterling and Rashford - it is not hard to spot the theme. Imagine the vitriol if Gazza was black!? Instead he is portrayed as a lovable rogue with "deamons" or something in a sympathetic manner.

In your own way you are actually worse. There has been an awful lot of rubbish written on this thread such as lumping Lewis in with Phil "the Caravan nonce" Taylor in the potential Knighthood category or saying that he had stuff handed to him on a plate which is patently nonsense. I've called that out and you can read it. That said, it doesn't mean that the authors are racist. They might be talking bollocks in my view but that is not the same thing.

Crying "racist" at everyone dumbs the debate down into name calling. I can't stand Meghan Markle for instance (probably a bad example as the poor cow has had a miscarriage this week). It's not because she is black but because she strikes me as a monumental pain in the backside who wants to be a Princess but doesn't want to wave at the great unwashed as the price to pay. That isn't racist. It means I don't like her albeit I'm not sure she would be bothered what I think. Equally, I'm sure there are people out there who don't like someone who jets around the planet driving cars extremely quickly saying we should become Vegan to er, save the planet from C02. My personal view is that Lewis is one of the top 5 drivers of all time and should be decorated in the same way Andy Murray has. Of course he has flaws but show me someone who hasn't. People can debate that and not agree with it but throwing out "Racist" at every opportunity just degenerates this into a bear pit bound shit fest that this has become when amongst all that there are some pretty well informed and worth reading posts.

What is your opinion on Hamilton the driver and his achievements? All I see from you is that you can't wait to get stuck into the insults.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
No Hamilton is gonna make the next race interesting. I wonder who’ll take over the mantle of being the fastest man to drive around in circles this weekend. Piece of piss obviously.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
No Hamilton is gonna make the next race interesting. I wonder who’ll take over the mantle of being the fastest man to drive around in circles this weekend. Piece of piss obviously.

Yep, will be interesting to watch. If the replacement doesn't get pole, or close, and doesn't win by some margin then i expect another round of excuses why that would be the case and proves nothing about Hamiltons exceptional talent

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here