Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Should Lewis Hamilton be knighted?

Should Lewis Hamilton be knighted?

• Total voters

D

Deleted member 2719

Where have I mentioned politics??? But, yes, you appear to be crying unfair when your wrongness is challenged. Again. Bit like why you still get pelters over the replica shirt.

Sentimental, hyperbolic bollocks.

My point is, politics clearly seems to be defined with you whether you like or dislike a person, I won't ever fall out with people because they have different political views to me.

I really don't understand your personal attitude to me at times.

I am always happy for banter and opinions never consistent abuse and if I get it I will call it out. Do you believe consistent abuse is okay then?

Any way back on topic, no knighthood for anyone in sport unless you have changed or disrupted society to save lives and done that with your ACTION and not your MONEY.

No one should be knighted, it's like something out of Ruritania

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
My point is, politics clearly seems to be defined with you whether you like or dislike a person, I won't ever fall out with people because they have different political views to me.

I am always happy for banter and opinions never consistent abuse and if I get it I will call it out. Do you believe consistent abuse is okay then?

Any way back on topic, no knighthood for anyone in sport unless you have changed or disrupted society to save lives and done that with your ACTION and not your MONEY.

Again, I don't have a personal attitude to you. I've not mentioned your personality or politics once.

I've pointed out that you have set yourself up as some unexplained expert in Motorsport when one of the greatest experts on the subject known to man is the subject of this thread. Have you ever driven an F1 car? Engineered one? I don't reckon you've even played the F1 2020 videogame.

You keep bringing it up for some reason. :shrug:

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Your right Stewart would say certain things as it is, but he would not disrespect a fellow driver on camera.

That is also bollocks. There is no way Stewart would say something about Hamilton that he didn’t agree with. It’s not in his nature to do that. Stewart does not play to the crowds ....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
How is this thread still going

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Knights aren't proper Knights now anyway.
If king Arthur was still about I reckon he would sack the lot of them.they are all useless.

We need a flipping good Knight clean out..... I mean Sir Philip Green and Siir Sidney Roughdiamond

D

Deleted member 2719

Again, I don't have a personal attitude to you. I've not mentioned your personality or politics once.

I've pointed out that you have set yourself up as some unexplained expert in Motorsport when one of the greatest experts on the subject known to man is the subject of this thread. Have you ever driven an F1 car? Engineered one? I don't reckon you've even played the F1 2020 videogame.

You keep bringing it up for some reason. :shrug:

You have not got to mention it, the attitude to me is plain to see.

Many wanted to know why I felt Hamilton doesn't deserve a knighthood and a load of you got up tight about it after all this isn't a 95/5 split, its a 60/40 so pretty divided. Its clear on paper Hamilton has dominated his sport and so is it clear that Merc have.
Like I said he is good but is he the best?
I like winners that just get on with it, without the controversy of politics.

Do I have some inside knowledge, yes,
Do I know some one that has competed at world level for years, yes.
Do I know someone who has been on the technician side on a world level yes.
Do I have stories that would surpass Hamiltons imo, yes
Have I played F1 2020, NO, but I have played F1 2019

Does Hamilton deserve a Knighthood, NO. He is doing his job and getting titles and loads of cash too, why the hell would he need a knighthood also, save them for the unsung heroes.

This is not the question. The question is not "under your own personal definition of what a knighthood should be should he get one" or "should knighthoods exist" it is should he get one.
So, given the current definition and that ARE given do you think he should get one as they stand now?

No I don't, look above.:rolleyes:

That is also bollocks. There is no way Stewart would say something about Hamilton that he didn’t agree with. It’s not in his nature to do that. Stewart does not play to the crowds ....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Okay so that's your opinion, mine differs.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
You have not got to mention it, the attitude to me is plain to see.

Many wanted to know why I felt Hamilton doesn't deserve a knighthood and a load of you got up tight about it after all this isn't a 95/5 split, its a 60/40 so pretty divided. Its clear on paper Hamilton has dominated his sport and so is it clear that Merc have.
Like I said he is good but is he the best?
I like winners that just get on with it, without the controversy of politics.

Do I have some inside knowledge, yes,
Do I know some one that has competed at world level for years, yes.
Do I know someone who has been on the technician side on a world level yes.
Do I have stories that would surpass Hamiltons imo, yes
Have I played F1 2020, NO, but I have played F1 2019

Does Hamilton deserve a Knighthood, NO. He is doing his job and getting titles and loads of cash too, why the hell would he need a knighthood also, save them for the unsung heroes.

I feel like your rhetoric is softening Mouldy. In recent posts I don't actually disagree with some of your points. Should sports-persons like Andy Murray, Bradley Wiggins be knighted just for being good at sport? Should a knighthood come at a much later date for services to their sport and society as a whole taken into account? That debate has nothing to do with Hamilton, that is the honours system as it currently stands. Our opinions on Hamilton are irrelevant for that debate.

But, you always bring your opinion of Hamilton into it. His activism has clearly irked you beyond belief and you're lying to yourself if you say that doesn't cloud your judgement. I suspect you've had no issue whatsoever with Sir Ian Botham's political activism.

So, onto the CURRENT criteria for honours as it stands and is awarded. Do you need to be the best in the world/history to get one? No. See Sir Andy Murray. Do you need to avoid all commercial activity such as endorsing fashion and fashion brands? No. See Sir Bradley Wiggins. I could go on, but those are precedents of awards for outstanding achievement in their field of expertise. That is the current criteria. Friend in motorsport/F1 or not, under the current award criteria he fulfills it and then some compared to when awards have previously been awarded.

It's two arguments. Changing the criteria for a knighthood is one. Under the current criteria of awarding a knighthood does Hamilton qualify is another.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014

so this is clearly you, mouldy brain,

always the victim

D

Deleted member 2719

I feel like your rhetoric is softening Mouldy. In recent posts I don't actually disagree with some of your points. Should sports-persons like Andy Murray, Bradley Wiggins be knighted just for being good at sport? Should a knighthood come at a much later date for services to their sport and society as a whole taken into account? That debate has nothing to do with Hamilton, that is the honours system as it currently stands. Our opinions on Hamilton are irrelevant for that debate.

But, you always bring your opinion of Hamilton into it. His activism has clearly irked you beyond belief and you're lying to yourself if you say that doesn't cloud your judgement. I suspect you've had no issue whatsoever with Sir Ian Botham's political activism.

So, onto the CURRENT criteria for honours as it stands and is awarded. Do you need to be the best in the world/history to get one? No. See Sir Andy Murray. Do you need to avoid all commercial activity such as endorsing fashion and fashion brands? No. See Sir Bradley Wiggins. I could go on, but those are precedents of awards for outstanding achievement in their field of expertise. That is the current criteria. Friend in motorsport/F1 or not, under the current award criteria he fulfills it and then some compared to when awards have previously been awarded.

It's two arguments. Changing the criteria for a knighthood is one. Under the current criteria of awarding a knighthood does Hamilton qualify is another.

Boldy, I have had enough of this thread now, I have stated my reasons many times why I would not give Hamilton or anyone else a knighthood unless they fit my specific criteria. Just my opinion as I was answering the OP question and everyone else wanted to expand out on it in a bizarre like fashion and then they started throwing in race cards and the whole caboodle. It got a bit silly.

On the subject of Beefy, what did he do??? It can't as been so in your face as Hamiltons surely as it got no airtime in the mouldy household?

Mind you cricket is not my cuppa tea and cuecumber sandwich.

Is old roger still posting the same old predictable one liners? it was a great day when he received the Harry button.

D

Deleted member 2719

And yet you've replied and asked a bunch more questions which you expect people to answer.

Come on then lets get them answered so we can do something else then, I am sure Boldy won't mind you giving your point of view.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here