Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Who knows about tellyboxes ?

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
I'm a go as large as you can kinda guy when it comes to TVs. Once you've had it a week it will look small anyway.

BigBod

Dec 12, 2014
My 60" LG Plasma is still going strong after 10 years, not a smart TV but got a ROKU stick. Works so well I'm gonna wait till it breaks before I get my 75"...60" looks so small after all this time....

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Am I the only one who doesn’t like a mahoosive t.v.?

Both my son’s have 60 inch plus monsters, mounted on the wall, and I really don’t like them.
They both have fairly large rooms, so the tellys don’t look out of place, I just find them too big to look at.

Blimey, you must HATE the cinema....

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I ended up buying one of these :
tv - 1 (1).jpeg

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
On the subject of warranties.
About 22 years ago I purchased a Sony TV from Comets. Something like 40" it was an old CRT type, massive square box, but this model was going very cheap. Done a deal with salesman to take display model half price as long as I took out the 5 year warranty (yep, those days). Think the whole thing was a few hundred notes.
Anyway, 4 years later it blew up. Repair guy came out and wrote it off, simples.
Off to Comets who had to replace it with similar, except 40" were then £1500 plus (about 2003) and now flat screen. Again, done a deal and got a 55" Panasonic with warranty for just another few hundred notes.
Bad news is that Panasonic is still working. Whilst the picture is OK, nowhere near as good as new TV's now, all the time it continues to work Wife wont let me get a new one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here