Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Albion programmes

Firingblanks1

Oct 4, 2004
North Portslade actually
So today I started to de-clutter my house and clear my loft out and tidy my pride and joy Albion programmes.
Going to adopt the strategy of keeping anything before the year 2000 and concentrate on my early collection that does not take up so much room.
Does anyone want 500 or so Albion home and away programmes from 2000 onwards? Loads of memories! If not, going to put them in the skip, but would do so with a heavy heart[emoji45]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I had to get shot of fifty years’ worth. I kept the last one from each season, but the rest went to paper recycling in Hove. A sad day, having kept them all for so long.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Mine went to the tip. No takers on here 6 months ago.

Just sift out key matches, eg last at Withdean, first at Amex, promotion, first PL match, etc and dump the rest

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Had to get shot of my boys collection, I'm afraid the booklet size has made collecting a real headache, they kept first game and programmes from when they were mascot and some other landmark games. A real shame that the size has increased to its current incarnation tbh.

Agreed, it’s more like a magazine than the programmes I first started collecting in the 70s. Totally unnecessary in the modern world of the internet. All I want is a souvenir of the game. A few pages, not a book.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Unfortunately it’s all about the money and a perception by clubs that big and glossy is great, and they can compete with other clubs for the prestige of having bigger and better.
No one in their right mind would start a collection of the modern programmes. Not only environmentally unfriendly but houses today just aren’t built big enough.
I am not a big fan of downloading them either, especially at matches. Perhaps they need to go back to square one and have team sheets that actually report the team that is on the pitch and perhaps a full league table. It wouldn’t be rocket science to produce these at the ground and distribute them as part of admission.

East Staffs Gull

Jan 16, 2004
Birmingham and Austria
I am not a big fan of downloading them either, especially at matches. Perhaps they need to go back to square one and have team sheets that actually report the team that is on the pitch and perhaps a full league table. It wouldn’t be rocket science to produce these at the ground and distribute them as part of admission.

A waste of paper, with the potential to encourage paper plane luzzing and producing extra litter. I think you’ve had better ideas!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here