Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] George Foreman Grill

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
So I'm hovering over the buy button on a few items for the household from Currys, my company have a discount scheme with them.

I'm the main cook anyway so it could benefit me. Looking at the Foreman Evolve Precision and also the Ninja multi pressure cooker and air fryer.

Used an air fryer for years and happy with it, though its now getting hard to keep clean.

The good and wise people of NSC good help in my next purchase.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
We've had a couple but don't miss one now. I got a panini press instead. I got a bit fat, so tailed off. I still use it to cook certain things. You can't remove the plates though.

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016
I have no idea of what I would cook on a George Foreman or similar electric grill.
A simple but decent ridged skillet will cook any steak (or grilled veg) just as well, in my view. £30 gets you a good one. Save the £70+ difference and invest in some quality ingrediaents to throw on - deduct £5-6 if you want to buy a decent temperature probe.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/recommended/home/best-griddle-pans/

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Today I invested £14.99 at Aldi for a special Churros electric cooker, going to be great fun and very fattening !

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I've got a grill. They work fine, but you can't remove the plates and they are a bit difficult to clean - especially if you use them for meat.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I've got a grill. They work fine, but you can't remove the plates and they are a bit difficult to clean - especially if you use them for meat.

The one I'm looking at has removeable plates. We eat a lot of fish and chicken so wonder how good it would be for that

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Bought this about a month ago after my sandwich toaster gave up. Use it daily. really easy to clean and use. Only done toasties, panninis, bagels etc.. on it so far but it is the dogs as far as i am concerned. Especially at £32 not going to complain.

George Foreman 25810 Medium Fit Grill

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'm happy with my NEFF oven and separate mini oven and grill. I don't want anything I have to plug in and plonk on the worktop. :shrug:

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
"If you could see what I can see, when I'm grilling chicken..."

article-1366310-00e2444d1000044c-719_468x470.jpg

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Thanks all, I'm a bit of a kitchen gadget geek. I do tend to use everything I've bought though. going to sleep on it (not literally) and see what I think in the morning.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Foreman grill now gathering dust. Real pain to clean and good skillet pan can do job just as easy. Up there with ice cream makers, at dad makers and sandwich toasters that seemed like a good idea at the time.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I have the ninja foodi and it is fantastic. I pretty much use it every day. It has pressure, steam, slow, saute , grill, air fry and more. Very easy to clean. I've done everything from wings to curries to cakes in it. I know they are a lot of money but well worth it.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Bloody love mine. Wobbly top to accommodate all kinds of meat, and grills my steak to perfection (ie pink inside). Great for burgers, drains the fat, piece of piss to use and clean. Whats not to like ?

Dec 29, 2011
You'd be mad to buy one new. As this thread has shown, about 50% of owners don't use it. The second hand market just be thriving, could probably pick up a good condition one for £20-£25

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Just don't cook your foot with it.

SAC

May 21, 2014
Bought this about a month ago after my sandwich toaster gave up. Use it daily. really easy to clean and use. Only done toasties, panninis, bagels etc.. on it so far but it is the dogs as far as i am concerned. Especially at £32 not going to complain.

George Foreman 25810 Medium Fit Grill

This looks like the one my son bought. I thought it would be a waste of (his) money but it actually gets used a lot and will miss it when he eventually moves out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here