Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Percy Tau

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I remember 1964, what a great season! From memory of the old 235 formation, the inside forwards had to drop into midfield - Collins certainly had the ability and energy for this.

Yes, remember it well, other than just why it was ever called 2-3-5, because it never seemed like two at the back - there was always the centre half there, and the full backs always marked the opposition wingers. I think 2-3-5 was more a pattern they could fill in on the match programme, rather than how they played. In fact, in those days, I’m not sure if anyone ever had a clue about tactical play as training used to be lots and lots of running with an occasional 5-a-side.
The big difference is that they used to get the ball forward quicker, either by the big thump upfield, running with the ball or passing it to the forwards quicker.
The scourge of the modern game (other than VAR and the constant changes to the rules) I’d the pretty tippy tally stuff that probably, statistically, means you give away possession more than the good old hoof upfield.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Yes, remember it well, other than just why it was ever called 2-3-5, because it never seemed like two at the back - there was always the centre half there, and the full backs always marked the opposition wingers. I think 2-3-5 was more a pattern they could fill in on the match programme, rather than how they played. In fact, in those days, I’m not sure if anyone ever had a clue about tactical play as training used to be lots and lots of running with an occasional 5-a-side.
The big difference is that they used to get the ball forward quicker, either by the big thump upfield, running with the ball or passing it to the forwards quicker.
The scourge of the modern game (other than VAR and the constant changes to the rules) I’d the pretty tippy tally stuff that probably, statistically, means you give away possession more than the good old hoof upfield.
Yes, that's right, with the centre half in between the full backs the old formations were more like a 3-4-3, or 3-2-2-3, with more wing play than today, and less flexible perhaps.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We're about to leave EU employment laws behind....

Are we?

Blimey, you'd have thought news this big would have been mentioned somewhere other than a thread about Percy Tau. :lol:

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Got nothing to do with the EU, it's UK rules blocking him from playing for us.

I believe the hope is that there will be some easing of the rules after Brexit.
Not sure why the club think this however.

Has his contract been renewed at any point?
I assume we are in danger of losing money on the deal if he isn't going to qualify to play for us and we don't look to sell soon.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Get him in NOW!!!!!!!!

D1F5F39B-BE6D-47B6-B6FE-9790EC6D0474.jpeg

We await his arrival with reverence and love....jah rastafarii - the king is in waiting.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003

It's assumed that English football governing bodies will soon make no distinction between EU and non-EU players.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
I believe its because SA are not high enough up in the FiFA ranking etc. I may be wrong , but was watching a game over the weekend. , and I believe one of the proem league clubs has a guy from Zimbabwe ,. How can that be or are they higher ranked than SA ,
Again I bow to the greater knowledge of NSC to explain to me .

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane

I believe the hope is that there will be some easing of the rules after Brexit.
Not sure why the club think this however.

Has his contract been renewed at any point?
I assume we are in danger of losing money on the deal if he isn't going to qualify to play for us and we don't look to sell soon.

It's assumed that English football governing bodies will soon make no distinction between EU and non-EU players.

Read post 64 and this link:

https://www.thefa.com/-/media/thefa...teria/gbe-mens-players-criteria-jan-2021.ashx

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here