Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
[tweet]1327993700740444161[/tweet]

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
72. No age at all.
Shilton v Clemence was one of the classic rivalries.

RIP

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
That's no age. I forgot he played for Spurs. Always Liverpool and England for me. Fine keeper.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Really good keeper in his time RIP

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
RIP

A keeper you felt you knew personally due to his battles with Shilton to be England number one. Many will remember the pair of them kept Corrigan out who was with us for a bit and bloody decent. Another bit of my childhood gone :(

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
72. No age at all.
Shilton v Clemence was one of the classic rivalries.

RIP

You could throw Chris Woods into the mix as well.

World class keeper depth back then.

RIP Ray.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
RIP

A keeper you felt you knew personally due to his battles with Shilton to be England number one. Many will remember the pair of them kept Corrigan out who was with us for a bit and bloody decent. Another bit of my childhood gone :(

Phil Parkes and JImmy Rimmer too. The three of them only managed 11 caps during the Clemence v Shilton era.

Clemence fell out of favour after Greenwood went but was the best of the two for me. Shilton was more spectacular but error prone too.

Just to show how elite Clemence and Shilton were. in an era when nearly all top flight keepers were English they kept the gloves between them for a decade or so. England have used 12 keepers in the last ten years.

RIP

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
RIP Ray, Great Goalkeeper.....

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
England had a production line of Keepers back then, after Gordon Banks it was either Clemence or Shilton, nowadays we have the clown from Everton...

Ethelwulf

Apr 6, 2020
West Worthing
Always remember him going back to Anfield with Spurs and the reception he got from the kop was mind blowing. A top keeper .Rest in peace.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here