Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] RIP Des O'Connor

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
RIP Des, just hearing the stories come out on 5Live, sounds like he was a genuinely wonderful bloke. Sad loss.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
He was an answer on Pop Master only last week, I thought to myself then, is he still alive? Ken Bruce was so nice about him that I realised yes he was still with us. But no longer. The butt of so many jokes in the 70s and 80s which he took with such grace, many other stars should have a taken a leaf out of his book.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Sad news really, he was a consummate professional, made a lot of people laugh.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I loved Des.

Take Your Pick was a great TV show and we christened a lad at school 'Des' as he looked exactly like him. One of life's good guys.

RIP Mr O'Connor. Always had a smile on his face.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Among a sea of prissy self-regarding tossers he was impossible to dislike and impossible to discredit.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I’d love to think Eric is waiting at the gates whispering to Saint Peter, ‘Only let him in if he promises not to sing’

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
Rip Des. Came across as a genuinely nice bloke. Can’t remember him ever making a joke at someone else’s expense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Surprisingly I warmed to Des over the years. I found him a bit 'safe' at first, but he had no problem taking it (no not that way) and he always had an uplifting way about him.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
He could sing, dance, tell jokes, present, interview - the bloke had real talent, not many have such range. R.I.P Des.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
One of my brother's heroes. RIP Des :nono:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
He was an answer on Pop Master only last week, I thought to myself then, is he still alive? Ken Bruce was so nice about him that I realised yes he was still with us.

That was exactly where my mind went when I read the news.

RIP

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here