Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] EFL stadiums with running tracks

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
I remember a mid week game think against Rochdale. Weather terrible and there were about 12 away fans so far away from pitch. I did feel sorry for them

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Are there any left? Was Withdean the last one?

When Crystal Palace get relegated ( It will happen) they will move to the Crystal Palace National Sports Centre.

Tbf that’s better than their current home anyway.
3653da30221c984ab94c70f32fe2227b.jpg

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
other than Withdean and Don Valley I can't think of any others

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
other than Withdean and Don Valley I can't think of any others

Some may have been used for Speedway. I'm sure The Shay had another function.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Didnt Newport play in a Stadium with a running track recently?

I think it just looks like it should have a running track as the terraces behind the goals are so far from the pitch. The side stands are close to the pitch, though.

Gateshead got to the Final of the Conference Play Offs in 2014. They've got one. Unfortunately for them they were defeated by the mighty Cambridge United.

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
It was yes, used for the commonwealth games.

Difference is they properly converted it before they moved in unlike Wet Sham

Indeed - the key difference between Wet Sham and Citeh was that the ground’s legacy was properly thought through and the outset, and designed accordingly.

The Commonwealth Stadium was a two tier design with a temporary end. After the games, they then dug down to complete the extra tier and added the permanent end.

manchester-stdiium.png

stadium2.jpg

el punal

Withdean those were the days. Miles from the pitch in the pissing rain but, always a laugh in H Block.
Fans today don’t know they are born!
At least we were allowed in the stadium.

In our last season at Withdean I got chatting with a couple of Sheffield Wednesday fans. I told them that the requirements for away fans was (1) suncream and (2) a pair of binoculars. They thought I was joking until I explained that, dependent on the time of year, you would either suffer extreme frostbite, and/or hypothermia for Withdean cloudbursts. Sunstroke came into play when the old currant bun made an appearance.

The binoculars explanation would have been obvious to them when they got to the away section positioned behind the hammer throwing area, the running track and forty yards from behind the goal. :D

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Withdean those were the days. Miles from the pitch in the pissing rain but, always a laugh in H Block.
Fans today don’t know they are born!
At least we were allowed in the stadium.

Withdean was my last home Brighton game!! That should change next year as I look to relocate back to Sussex in the next couple of months after 11 years away

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here