Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] John Barnes

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
Yet another person who loves to comment on our club whilst simultaneously not bothering to learn much about the subjects on which he is commenting. Standard pundit. It's just boring now.

And insinuating that CH was sacked due to race is slanderous and utterly shameful

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
You've got to hold and give but do it at the right time, you can be slow or fast but you must get to the line, they'll always hit you and hurt you, defend and attack, there's only one way to beat them, get round the back, catch me if you can, cause I'm the England man and what you're looking at is the master plan, we ain't no hooligans, this ain't a football song, three lions on my chest, I know we can't go wrong.........................

D

Deleted member 2719

Our ex English players are frankly embarrassing when it comes to twitter. Stirring hatred across Britain.
Who is fuelling these goons?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Well that just about proves it. Black people are just stupid.

:facepalm:

I do wish people who accuse our club of being racist would get their facts correct. It isn't ****ing difficult is it? ???

And any other inference is a bit silly. Though. Isn't it.

This post is guaranteed to whoosh gammon. Fact.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Reading his Twitter I am guessing he is a generally deeply unhappy man having a hard time accepting his own failure as a manager and that he didnt get chance to fail one more time.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Racism is abhorent, and the sooner it's gone the better (though I don't think its complete eradication will happen that quickly, sadly, but every step along the way is some progress) but one thing that doesn't further the cause - indeed, actually hinders it - is idiots with outrage bristling from every pore running around calling out racism where it doesn't exist.

John Barnes, sadly, is a high profile example of one such idiot.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Odd bit of content targeting by Sky in the banner on this page?

sky-friday.JPG

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Out of interest is there any black owners of any of the 92 clubs? Or in fact many in the boardrooms?

I can't think of any or CEO's, perhaps this is where Barnes needs to be asking. More black people in the boardroom would likely result in more black managers. It shouldn't make a jot of difference but unfortunately it probably does.

The same has to be said about the FA the EPL and EFL. If a black person is in any position within these organisations it's assumed they're only there to be perform some kind of race relations role. It's time to change and I'm afraid the angle Barnes is going down is plainly wrong and misguided.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
You've got to hold and give but do it at the right time, you can be slow or fast but you must get to the line, they'll always hit you and hurt you, defend and attack, there's only one way to beat them, get round the back, catch me if you can, cause I'm the England man and what you're looking at is the master plan, we ain't no hooligans, this ain't a football song, three lions on my chest, I know we can't go wrong.........................

0FECDD1C-518B-4B10-B886-FF5972E8E6D8.jpeg

Best football song ever :smile:

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
And of course Brighton were not looking at any colour issues when they recruited Hughton, which turned into a very successful 4 year period for everyone involved.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Well that just about proves it. Black people are just stupid.

:facepalm:

I do wish people who accuse our club of being racist would get their facts correct. It isn't ****ing difficult is it? ???

And any other inference is a bit silly. Though. Isn't it.

This post is guaranteed to whoosh gammon. Fact.

In the words of Graham Taylor at Wembley v San Marino re John Barnes in 1993:

"Hey, you’re talking about another human being, so just watch your language, alright?"

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I think the best advice is to ignore him, if the club wants to take action they will do.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here